:joy: :joy:
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    I mean everytime he drops somethin hes automatically got a fan base that will check for it off top. Does he get less attention than in the past? Yeah...but he can still come out the wood work whenever he feels like.

If kanye doesnt drop anything this year does that mean hes no longer relevant? Or is it just a matter of WHEN he drops the ? ?

When youre "washed up" or retire u lose the relevancy imo but he still puts ? out every now and then n ppl still check for it off HIS NAME ALONE

his bas..
    u know what..

nevermind..

yall enjoy yall weekend..
    im headed to LA for a couple days.. peace & love..

i aint got time for this ? !!

100th post by the way! lol

Bruh all i gotta do is say some smart ? n u will be back in here responding in no time.

"Yall made me stop my workout"
    "Now lemme get back to my daughter"
    "Its too nice out here to be goin back n forth with yall"

*proceeds to go back n forth*

End up with the 200th post n 300th post n all

I know how u do!!

Is u sayin that ? be lyon like lucious #bars

34orn8g.jpg

lyin about what exactly!!?

It was just a play off what u sayin earlier nun serious lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Dre is Jordan status..
    he's the greatest..

but he get his old ass on ghe court if he want to..
    these young producers got somethin fir his ass. lol

Huh like who? And who is judging this? Sarah from Nebraska?

An ur stew from atl. What is sayin guy? Your opinion is more vaild than sarah Becky and bobby cuz????

I just live here bro. Maryland is home but yes my opinion is definitely more valid than Becky and Bobby cause Ive been livin this ? my whole life. It's a cultural thing to me not just what's on the radio.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Missed the thread and the bet but Dre is not relevant as a producer (IRL) nor do I think he capable of producing a hit

And I think you'd be hard pressed to find him producing solo ala Kanye.

It's OK to say this. Takes nothing away from his legend status.

Being irrelevant is a veeeery strong term y'all use it very loosely now on to what about to say

How can someone​ be IRL and still sell half a milli no single ? Y'all ? ? me with this IRL ? like we some robot's half a million robot's brought that album?
    I agree 'irrelevant' is the wrong word. His production isn't in hot demand anymore tho

That's what the argument is. Regardless of how many albums Compton sold, it doesn't seem to be a strong point to try to grab a Dre beat at the moment.

And I don't think he got the energy to produce a track right now

what the ? kind of ? is this it not strong point to grab a dre beat because ? just cant come up and grab a dre beat i don't even know how you get a dre other than being affiliated or a legend how you figure he aint got the energy you his nutritionist ? ?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This stupid ass thread. Let me raise the stakes - If the majority vote "Yes" I'm changing your name to some ? ? chosen by the good posters of the IC.

Can we make a poll for the name chosen by the IC?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited April 2017
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    T.I. - Dope Ft. Marsha Ambrosius
    https://youtu.be/yK_7_amS0EI

And this song didn't do sht so this helps his argumentlmfaooo

wait wait we gona blame his production on why the song didt pop and not t.i falling off as the king of the south? because the beat is fire ? the song is good but t.i.p aint moving units at all no more then you act like teh ? some super flop ? got over 12 mili views somebody like that dam song
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    No stew said TI ain't fall off
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who wants a Dre beat right now other than to say it's a "Dre beat"!

Dre beats are like a pair of MJ's, yeah they relevant but you ain't checking for no MJ XXXI's are you.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    okaay wrote: »

Dre beats are like a pair of MJ's, yeah they relevant but you ain't checking for no MJ XXXI's are you.

Comparison dont work

Jordan drops a new shoe every year.

Dre has been inactive by choice of his own.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Dre is relevant as a producer right now bc he is not out here tryinta b...however if he decided to start producing for himself or other artist ALOT of hip hop fans would care.
    Dude is Michael Jordan, magic Johnson type legendary..people who care about his field will always be interested
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Did ya'll love them beats on Relapse? ? NO. Well that's the last album he did front to back.

Production wise, relapse was crispy af. Eminem was garb but some of those beats were fire

You can't tell me this isn't hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6sFMl5xSrI
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Comparison dont work

Jordan doesn't play basketball but drops sneakers.

Dre doesn't put out music like that but drops headphones

Um.....
  • Stew
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Did ya'll love them beats on Relapse? ? NO. Well that's the last album he did front to back.

Production wise, relapse was crispy af. Eminem was garb but some of those beats were fire

You can't tell me this isn't hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6sFMl5xSrI

? can only dream to have an album with that caliber of production on that album. It got flack cause of Ems Voices.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember back in 1989 Quincy Jones released an album called Back On The Block. It was his comeback album, I don't think he had done anything since Michael Jackson's Bad album.

So anyway, this Quincy Jones album had some legends on it, in fact it was a who's who in the music industry. It featured the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Joe Zawinul, Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Sarah Vaughan, Dizzy Gillespie, George Benson, Luther Vandross, Dionne Warwick, Barry White, Chaka Khan, Take 6, Bobby McFerrin, Al Jarreau, Al B. Sure!, James Ingram, El DeBarge, Ray Charles and a 12 year old Tevin Campbell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_on_the_Block

I was about 16 years old at the time and I was somewhat interested because there were a few songs with rappers. There was a song with Ice T, Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel and Kool Moe Dee called Back On The Block. It was the title track. There were also a few songs on there that were released as singles that I liked, one song was called I'll Be Good To You and another song called Secret Garden, which is the ultimate ? song. If you can't get a girl to drop her drawers with Secret Garden playing you have zero game.

So anyway, I was 16 years old and Quincy Jones dropped a new album. I bought it for the reasons I explained. It was ok. There were a few songs I liked. The rap song with Ice T, Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel and Kool Moe Dee was actually nominated for a grammy for best rap song and won although honestly there were far better rap songs that year. Industry politics.

Anyway, I say all that to say that nowadays, a 16 year old probably sees Dr Dre the same way I saw Quincy Jones in 1989, a legend and if the first two singles were hot that 16 year old would probably buy Dr Dre's new album the same way I bought Quincy Jones' album in 1989.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    @AggyAF I know you were a big supporter of ATCQ's last album released in 2016 and wholly produced by Q-Tip (who BTW is not or wasn't visible a lot in the current era of rap)... it was the group's first album in 18 years. A long time in rap to space album releases

That same album was critically acclaimed and did commercially well. You named it album of 2016...

So why a different approach when viewing Dr. Dre's credentials?

Relevance or irrelevance in HipHop music should be a non factor as fa as I'm concerned as far as the music is dope...

I feel like people (well most people) dont even understand the basis of his argument. It stems from @sion saying "Kendrick hasnt used his Dr.Dre cheat code" which is a full blown produced Kendrick album by Dre. I firmly believe that news of a Dre produced Kendrick album wouldn't garner that much more attention than it would already achieve.... in 2017. Had this been before Compton dropped, maybe. Back in 2010, definitely. In 2017, I can't see how much more it would boost Kendrick's overall album sales.

Somehow the rest of this argument went totally left and now we are here.

If Dre produced Kendrick's new album people in their 40s and 50s would cop.

Yeh........

We'll agree to disagree.

Where is your partner @FaggyAF yall out here flabby and sick

Huh?
  • Stew
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    @Stew yo @IceBergTaylor is cool peoples chill fam !!!

Lol I'm just ? wit homie cause he was playin along wit the trollin.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Comparison dont work

Dre and Jordan relevant figures in their particular industries, but just like you haven't seen anyone balling in a pair of new J's because ? is hooping in KD's Kyries, Lebrons, Kobes etc.. you also don't see anyone clamoring for a Dre beat now that these new ? have arrived.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Comparison dont work

Dre and Jordan relevant figures in their particular industries, but just like you haven't seen anyone balling in a pair of new J's because ? is hooping in KD's Kyries, Lebrons, Kobes etc.. you also don't see anyone clamoring for a Dre beat now that these new ? have arrived.

Dre hasnt been making beats.

Yall talkin like Dre is out here producing beats and ppl just arnt ? with them because they want the newer producers beats.

Hes basically retired. But unlike in basketball he will never be too old to come out of retirement.

Now as far as Jordan & his shoes go nobody i know gives a ? about any pair of Js that MJ didnt personally play NBA games in.

And the Jordan brand has stayed putting out new product every year. So they in effect are still competing against Lebrons, Durants, Kyries, ect

Dre on the other hand isnt out there like that

Thats why i said the comparison dont make sense to me
  • Stew
    Options

Comparison dont work

Dre hasnt been making beats.

Yall talkin like Dre is out here producing beats and ppl just arnt ? with them because they want the newer producers beats.

Hes basically retired. But unlike in basketball he will never be too old to come out of retirement.

Now as far as Jordan & his shoes go nobody i know gives a ? about any pair of Js that MJ didnt personally play NBA games in.

And the Jordan brand has stayed putting out new product every year. So they in effect are still competing against Lebrons, Durants, Kyries, ect

Dre on the other hand isnt out there like that

Thats why i said the comparison dont make sense to me

Let it go bruh, we won, that poll ain't changin and the person who started this ? @FaggyAF screenname ain't changing for awhile either :joy:
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre the figure is relevant. His production is not

Jazze Pha is probably a more relevant producer at this point and ? would have overwhelmingly voted no if he replaced Dre in the title
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Jazze Pha is probably a more relevant producer at this point and ? would have overwhelmingly voted no if he replaced Dre in the title

If what you say is true then why did most vote yes?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? I ain't raise you ?

? you asking me for
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

? I ain't raise you ?

? you asking me for

Lmao look @ the feelings here. I guess those initials in your name stands for Real ? huh?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

http://rollingout.com/2016/05/27/5-things-know-music-producer-jazze-pha-bankruptcy/

rYBHshX.gif