The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah might be a better route for them to go anyways. With Darkseid being so similar to Thanos already it would be a bit dumb to see them do 3 phases leading up to him lol. Would be the exact marvel formula with slightly different heroes and villains.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah might be a better route for them to go anyways. With Darkseid being so similar to Thanos already it would be a bit dumb to see them do 3 phases leading up to him lol. Would be the exact marvel formula with slightly different heroes and villains.

dc needs to do it their way instead of having each movie connected some way like marvel. hopefully the next batman film will have its own story and in no way be connected to justice league.it make since because batman superman and wonderwoman were the first 3 out of the big seven. i'm not sure if that how it really goes but that's how it was done in the 2006 justice leaugue series. it started with those 3. flash and aqua man needs to tell their own stories also. I kinda wish they chose some one else as a big bad instead of darkseid like the anti monitor.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Nah Batman is the Wolverine. Damian is the X-23.

actually wolverine is the batman of marvel since batman came first.
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpUh7U7Sqk

So they doing the Judas Contract using a newer Titans roster?

I was starting to watch this the other day and I noticed kid flash was there in the beginning. what happened to him? I know that jl flashpoint isn't exactly cannon with the rest of these movies but maybe it was and the animation was just different. maybe wally was wiped out of this reality. I think it would be right if bart allen comes along and if they do another titans movie they add impulse and superboy to the team but don't go with the young justice animated version go with this version

k2nra5v2ulbq.jpg
    r2whkep28356.jpg

if they don't have cyborg they need another tank on the team.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Nah Batman is the Wolverine. Damian is the X-23.

actually wolverine is the batman of marvel since batman came first.

I'm very well aware that Batman has been around since 1939 and Wolverine since the 70s. I'm explaining the context of their dynamic within the greater DCU especially comic books.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadass tho a Damian Wayne on the silver screen would be dope. He would be perfect for a future Batman or justice League movie.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Awwwww shiiit!!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Shazam! Will Be Next DCEU Movie To Go Into Production

Warner Bros. and DC might finally be ready to let Shazam! hit lift-off if new sources are to believed.

The Shazam! film is one of the earliest DCEU projects but has been stuck in development limbo while Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman, and the soon to be release Justice League pass it by. According to THR's sources though, it seems Shazam! will be the next film to go into production, as early as February 2018.

The film would aim for a 2019 release and is currently helmed by David Sanberg (Lights Out, Annabelle: Creation), with WB looking to reteam Sanberg with producer Peter Safran (Annabelle: Creation, Aquaman).

What inspired the change of heart on the project is not currently known. For the longest time the only concrete info on Shazam! was the involvement of Dwayne The Rock Johnson, but that has recently been called into question. Johnson was cast as Black Adam, Shazam! ultimate nemesis, but if those earlier rumors pan out they might be saving him for the sequel or another film.

The DCEU's latest, Justice League, hits theaters later this year. The official synopsis can be found below.

In Justice League, fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Justice League is directed by Zack Snyder, from a screenplay by Chris Terrio, and features an ensemble cast that includes Ben Affleck (Batman), Henry Cavill (Superman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Ezra Miller (The Flash), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Ray Fisher (Cyborg), Ciarán Hinds (Steppenwolf), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent), Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth), J.K. Simmons (Commissioner Gordon), Amber Heard (Mera), Kiersey Clemons (Iris West) and Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor).

Wonder Woman is in theaters now, and will be followed by Justice League on November 17, 2017; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020. The Flash, The Batman, Dark Universe and Man of Steel 2 are currently without a release dates.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/20/shazam-next-dc-movie/
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is that Ben is out as Batman and theyre going in a new direction. Probably ? honestly. Unless theyre thinking of having someone take over the cowl and retire Bruce Wayne for future Batman movies, which seems much more realistic.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Man people need to be realistic. Affleck an alky. He could use the money.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Its Snyder fault for going with an older Batman/Bruce Wayne thus Casting an older Actor.

And let be honest if BVS was also critical succes I highly doubt Ben would felt the urge to leave.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boy has my holy DC ? up!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Its Snyder fault for going with an older Batman/Bruce Wayne thus Casting an older Actor.

And let be honest if BVS was also critical succes I highly doubt Ben would felt the urge to leave.

If Justice League is the hit they want it to be, minds will change about him leaving
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

If Justice League is the hit they want it to be, minds will change about him leaving

fo8z9j30a817.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    If affleck drops out i swear to ? i'll ? him.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Damn by the sounds of the rumor its the studio's that may decide to replace affleck.. His age being the reason. hes 10 years older than Gadot and Cavill. Bit older than Mamoa and a LOT older than Ezra. Hes 45. By the time his batman movie comes out he will almost be 50 years old. Downey is 52 years old right now, but has been iron man for 10 years.

It sucks, but it kind of makes sense. They will want a batman for Justice League and the TRILOGY that Matt Reeves plans. Matt Reeves also confirmed a month or 2 ago that Affleck is his batman for the films, but a lot could have changed since then.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Quite frankly its Zack Snyder fault for making 1 decent and 1 ? movie while having a Batman that supposedly been around for 20 years.

? Zack Snyder
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    DC/WB panel is tomorrow if im not mistaken. at comicon. Hopefully they address this ? ? .
  • nujerz84
    Options
    At least its TV universe isnt't messed up

https://youtu.be/7dM8dI_-P9o
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I'm thinking these rumors are ?

Me too. There has been nothing but negative rumors for DC since the very beginning. Wonder Woman being a mess, Afflecks supposedly been leaving batman since last year, but just a couple weeks ago Reeves confirmed Affleck is his batman.

Referring to my comment above about Affleck almost being 50. He is also in much better shape than RDJ is, so i think he will be able to stick it out for awhile. I think once reeves gets the ball rolling on his Batman project, the other 2 (if it is indeed true he is doing a trilogy) would be underway shortly after i think. But ben's age is something to worry about, cant see him being Batman for 10 years without it taking a huge toll on his old ass body
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it always Batman? Do they want the film to fail?
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You dudes act like 50 is even old by today's standard when people more regularly live past 90. I mean he's no spring chicken but come on.

How come everybody forgets that when cats like Stallone and Arnold did Predator and Rambo III they were 40 something? Yet in the best shape of their life. Affleck not even out his 40s yet.

Even Keaton was in his 40s when he was Batman and he had an even heavier suit than Affleck. Studios too concerned with making leading men look like boys nowadays.