Teens film and laugh at drowning man instead of calling for help!

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The poor people never owned those neighbourhoods to begin with. That's how they get kicked out, cause other rich people sell the property. The wealthy by and large own most everything already.

I don't understand how you go from defending these beliefs to now criticizing them.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    The poor people never owned those neighbourhoods to begin with. That's how they get kicked out, cause other rich people sell the property. The wealthy by and large own most everything already.

I don't understand how you go from defending these beliefs to now criticizing them.

Lol i never defended right wing ideology i said it has nothing to do with how these teens acted.

U took it that way bc u fail to look at things beyond "left wing/right wing"

And purposely missing the point.

There are diff right wing ideologies...not just "apathy"

And if u were a victim of any such actions that are parallel with right wing ideology, u would hold that individual accountable, not rant about politics.
  • Go figure
    Options

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/amp/gentrification-detroit-leaves-black-residents-behind-n412476

^^^black owned business being forced out by gentrification

Not taking?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    They never owned that property. They were leasing.

You defended right wing ideology from my criticism.
  • Go figure
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They never owned that property. They were leasing.

Lol so no black people in all of america own property? Everybody on lease?

Do u ever leave the basement?

I personally know black ppl that own homes and a business. If gentrification push em out, their property was taken.

Ur being intellectually dishonest u cant even admit a well known fact
  • Go figure
    Options
    You defended right wing ideology from my criticism.

U trollin now
  • LUClEN
    Options
    If they owned the property they wouldn't be able to get evicted or kicked off the lease.
  • Go figure
    Options
    If they owned the property they wouldn't be able to get evicted or kicked off the lease.

Property taxes go up. Pressure to sell. Customers who rent in the community are forced to move elsewhere as landlords are forced to make the rent higher due to utility taxes going up. Business loses customers it cant keep up with rising costs.

U didnt know this?
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All them fight videos and murder videos lead to this.

My cousin is 14 and seeing people seize up after getting knocked the ? out is amusing to her. It's a real sad thing
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok ? my link from earlier.
    This is what the sister is saying.

So the detective claim the took the video to state and there's nothing that can been done to the kids bc they no obligated to help. Ok i agree they don't have to help but they should've CALLED FOR HELP (911). The Cocoa police department said they had footage all around the pond/lake but when i went in person the only footage they had was my Jamel Dunn (my brother) floating/ trying to swim in middle. If they got cameras all around the pond like they told us why doesn't it show how he got in the water? Remind you the detective lied and told me yesterday he seen the video of Jamel diving in the water and swim out to middle and that he was questioning the kids and was gone push the issue for manslaughter. Also no one never reacher out to my family to come identify his body before it hit the news, and until this day we haven't identified his body. And the only way to get into the water is jump a tall fence or drive around through Byrd plaza and my brother can't do neither! My brother is disable and walks with a cane, please make it make sense to me. Long story short he told me any thing thinking i would believe and just let this case go. But trust it's not over please #share make go #viral this will not be just an accident swept under the mat. Please comment any good criminal lawyers and legal advice. #weneedanswers

#longlivedjameldunn
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Property taxes go up. Pressure to sell. Customers who rent in the community are forced to move elsewhere as landlords are forced to make the rent higher due to utility taxes going up. Business loses customers it cant keep up with rising costs.

U didnt know this?

Right. People who rent. They're at the whim of owners, who already dominate housing and business.
  • Go figure
    Options

U didnt know this?

Right. People who rent. They're at the whim of owners, who already dominate housing and business.

So there arent any black landlords that own property?

U really think black ppl own no property whatsoever?

If u cant grasp something as simple as gentrification it explains a lot of your sheltered posts
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is crazy. I was just in FL a couple weeks ago. Some white folks got pulled out in the deep by a riptide and damn near everybody on the beach linked arms to form a chain and save the people. These dumb ? see somebody drownin and they make a YouTube video. WTF?
  • Go figure
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? is crazy. I was just in FL a couple weeks ago. Some white folks got pulled out in the deep by a riptide and damn near everybody on the beach linked arms to form a chain and save the people.

"Go left wing ideology!"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know how a thread about a man drowning to death became about trump, politics ,blah blah blah, how did you simple minded muthaphukas derail this ? ? also in some of these post y'all making excuses for these little punks laughing at the man while he drowning.
    that man left behind an 11 year old and a six year old. he was fighting the water for 10 minutes whiles those ? sat there and laughed at him. 10 minutes is a long time they could've called for help if they couldn't swim. I could understand not rescuing him because of that because a few years ago a kid tried to save a drowning man down in Miami and drowned himself but what these ? did was disgusting.
    i'm sorry but I don't like these little ? I hope they get shunned in their community and won't be able to get jobs or ? for the rest of their lives. I hope the last moments of their lives are filled with fear and terror.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    although I havent read through the whole thread, this points at a different problem than anything I've heard come from it

Men and the "what if it was me" way of thinking.....which Im guilty of by far

we're real quick to be like "? wouldnt have helped me, I wouldnt have had my black ass in that water, I dont know him or his family, what if I drowned trying to help him, etc"

just a couple of generations of that and you've got kids that really believe it wasnt their problem....I know ya'll think everybody "knows" the same right and wrong but it aint that simple all the time

recording and laughing was ? cruel and stupid, I just understand why, to them, it was no different than walking past a homeless man on the street or seeing a man beat on his girl or any other "bad" things we've become so desensitized to seeing
  • LUClEN
    Options

U didnt know this?

If u cant grasp something as simple as gentrification it explains a lot of your sheltered posts

They're the minority. You seem to be completely glossing over the fact that these places are gentrified primarily because of disparities in power that come from disparities in ownership. White people are able to push out minorities because they own more ? .
  • LUClEN
    Options
    ? is crazy. I was just in FL a couple weeks ago. Some white folks got pulled out in the deep by a riptide and damn near everybody on the beach linked arms to form a chain and save the people.

"Go left wing ideology!"

Now you see, comrade
  • Go figure
    Options

U didnt know this?

They're the minority. You seem to be completely glossing over the fact that these places are gentrified primarily because of disparities in power that come from disparities in ownership. White people are able to push out minorities because they own more ? .

I'd say about half your posts in this thread are trolling and the other half are just simple stupidity or willful ignorance.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    although I havent read through the whole thread, this points at a different problem than anything I've heard come from it

Men and the "what if it was me" way of thinking.....which Im guilty of by far

we're real quick to be like "? wouldnt have helped me, I wouldnt have had my black ass in that water, I dont know him or his family, what if I drowned trying to help him, etc"

just a couple of generations of that and you've got kids that really believe it wasnt their problem....I know ya'll think everybody "knows" the same right and wrong but it aint that simple all the time

recording and laughing was ? cruel and stupid, I just understand why, to them, it was no different than walking past a homeless man on the street or seeing a man beat on his girl or any other "bad" things we've become so desensitized to seeing

I saw a lot of bad in my life time I've seen people get shot, get kidnapped etc. I will never be desensitized to any of that ? . It's called empathy it's what makes us human it the thought process of if that was me I'd want some one to help me those boys were monsters and they had no humanity in them whatsoever don't make excuses for those little ?
  • LUClEN
    Options

U didnt know this?

I'd say about half your posts in this thread are trolling and the other half are just simple stupidity or willful ignorance.

Every single post you've made has a fallacy in it.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    The question remains; Are the teens guilty of Criminal Negligence?

Criminal Negligence

The degree of culpability is determined by applying a reasonable person standard. Criminal negligence becomes "gross" when the failure to foresee involves a "wanton disregard for human life" (see the discussion in corporate manslaughter).

The maximum penalties for criminal negligence causing ? harm and death are 10 years (14 years if the conviction is for street racing causing ? harm) and life imprisonment, respectively.

IMO they could be charged with Criminal Negligence for not calling 911. Their family lost all contact of the victim and had gone days without seeing him. They (the family) reported him "missing". If the teens had called 911 at least the family would have known what happened to him.

They won't be charged. CNN confirmed this. Can't arrest someone for being an ? .

@twentyfivelighters they've been charged

Good ? those ?

Watch it with that "? " ? . You could disagree with these dudes and their individual characters without jumping off the racist deep-end.

This the type of ? I wonder how mods let rock on here.

I'm black and it's not racism it's called self hatred and my hatred for those little ? ? is justified

SneakyUniqueDogwoodtwigborer.gif

He is black for future reference.

LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    The question remains; Are the teens guilty of Criminal Negligence?

Criminal Negligence

The degree of culpability is determined by applying a reasonable person standard. Criminal negligence becomes "gross" when the failure to foresee involves a "wanton disregard for human life" (see the discussion in corporate manslaughter).

The maximum penalties for criminal negligence causing ? harm and death are 10 years (14 years if the conviction is for street racing causing ? harm) and life imprisonment, respectively.

IMO they could be charged with Criminal Negligence for not calling 911. Their family lost all contact of the victim and had gone days without seeing him. They (the family) reported him "missing". If the teens had called 911 at least the family would have known what happened to him.

They won't be charged. CNN confirmed this. Can't arrest someone for being an ? .

@twentyfivelighters they've been charged

Good ? those ?

Watch it with that "? " ? . You could disagree with these dudes and their individual characters without jumping off the racist deep-end.

This the type of ? I wonder how mods let rock on here.

I'm black and it's not racism it's called self hatred and my hatred for those little ? ? is justified

He is black for future reference.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

go head and laugh at your own lame jokes
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    So let me get this straight; Its Donald Trumps fault that that man drowned and the kids didn't call 911?

Nobody mentioned Donald Trump. It's the kind of selfish, uncaring, apathetic beliefs that exist on the right side of the political spectrum that coincide with and support the unwillingness to help that we see in this video.

ohh yeahhhh.. i'm pretty sure those little guys watching that man drown was right wingers. they aint even old enough to vote. all across the board that aint got ? to to with them sorry ? . leave politics out of this.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    them ? probably couldnt swim..another stereotype the white man claims

no they prolly couldn't and it was best not to take that risk because that was a manmade lake and those things will pull you under. a lot of kids drowned in those lakes in the 80's. I read his sisters fundraising for his funeral expenses and she was saying foul play was afoot well it was along those lines. he was a ? that walked with a cane. in the news report his girlfriend said they argued that day and he walked out. he couldn't have been suicidal he didn't seem to want to die. most men don't ? themselves that way. how did he get in that lake? this is suspicious.