IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    They better leave all that ? out with the kids being forced to give each other blowies.

I'm good on that.

Nobody blows anybody. The boys just run a train on the girl. Then they forget. Until they grow up and come back to Derry, remember and go: "WE DID WHAT?!?!"

I swear there's a part with the bully in the junkyard where he's threatening a couple of others kids with a knife, and then gets them to participate in some gayness.

It has been like 20 years since i read the book so my memory might be a tad fuzzy, going to reread it before the movie drops though.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still do think that Pennywise looks way too scary though. Like what kid would actually approach that ? ?

The one thing the TV version did right was make him look like a regular friendly clown. Which is much more deceptive considering what a horrendous being It actually is.

Also wish that all the Stephen King ? was under one production house. So they could explicitly tie it in to The Dark Tower movies (It is actually the child of the Crimson King the main villain in the DT books and basically the "devil" of the King multiverse)
  • Broddie
    Options
    They better leave all that ? out with the kids being forced to give each other blowies.

I'm good on that.

Nobody blows anybody. The boys just run a train on the girl. Then they forget. Until they grow up and come back to Derry, remember and go: "WE DID WHAT?!?!"

I swear there's a part with the bully in the junkyard where he's threatening a couple of others kids with a knife, and then gets them to participate in some gayness.

It has been like 20 years since i read the book so my memory might be a tad fuzzy, going to reread it before the movie drops though.

Oh yeah. There was the one bully that gave the main bully a ? and offered to blow him before getting punched in the face. That's the same bully that regained consciousness as It was actually devouring him.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Broddie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welp...im interested.

So far they have the visuals down.

Now how bout the acting and story?

Anybody know the runtime?

I bet it will be short due to this looking like it will solely focus on the kids.

2 parts like the mini series. That novel is MASSIVE it's more of a tome. This is just movie 1/2. Each movie supposed to be over 2 hrs.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The build up to Ghost Georgie/Eater of Worlds yelling "You'll float too" all maniacally was a nice touch. If this movie succeeds in doing what it must it could be a classic.

The novel has outright terrifying ? all over it. Especially the section where they're kids. Like if they show that one bully's death the way he described it in first person in the book then oh boy...

explain this
  • Broddie
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    The build up to Ghost Georgie/Eater of Worlds yelling "You'll float too" all maniacally was a nice touch. If this movie succeeds in doing what it must it could be a classic.

The novel has outright terrifying ? all over it. Especially the section where they're kids. Like if they show that one bully's death the way he described it in first person in the book then oh boy...

explain this

It's in this chapter which is one of the most ? up things King has ever written.

http://c3jemx2ube5v5zpg.onion.nu/?document=view&id=412&section=26

He gets bombarded by flying leeches which devour him alive and it's described in detail then the leeches (a part of the monster) drag him to the rest of the monster's lair to be finished off slowly.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks like the movie i dreamed (or rather had nightmares) about as a kid
    in the immortal words of Bart Scott...CANT WAIT
  • lazypakman
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I still do think that Pennywise looks way too scary though. Like what kid would actually approach that ? ?

The one thing the TV version did right was make him look like a regular friendly clown. Which is much more deceptive considering what a horrendous being It actually is.

Also wish that all the Stephen King ? was under one production house. So they could explicitly tie it in to The Dark Tower movies (It is actually the child of the Crimson King the main villain in the DT books and basically the "devil" of the King multiverse)

What books are worth checking out that are connected to the universe?, the ones you've read at least.

Also how many posters in here have read the actual book?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm good on that.

Those won't be in the film
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It stopped being scary when the spider showed
  • Broddie
    edited March 2017
    Options

What books are worth checking out that are connected to the universe?, the ones you've read at least.

Also how many posters in here have read the actual book?

I mean ALL of King's books are connected one way or the other. The stories are also mostly set in Castle Rock or in Derry. The eponymous Dark Tower of that particular books series is the linchpin of all existence in King's novels.

This is a list I found on google of connections between all his books

http://malakoff.com/sklnklst.htm

Certain things pertaining to It that I didn't see there for example is the connection to The Mist. It is a creature from a realm beyond time and space called the macroverse. Basically the known universe is contained within the giant void that is the macroverse. Making it possible for it's dwellers to bleed into other universes the macroverse contains through ruptures.

In The Dark Tower books it's called the Todash Darkness or Todash Space. The Arrowhead project opens a gateway that allows the strange mist and deadly creatures that inhabit it to bleed into Maine. The actual mist itself being todash darkness and the creatures therefore being co-inhabitants of It's (the creature) point of origin.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is my ? .I'm on board.Hopefully this terrorizes another generation into hating clowns like I do.

I think they can improve on the original TV movie.
  • Broddie
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    It is my ? .I'm on board.Hopefully this terrorizes another generation into hating clowns like I do.

I think they can improve on the original TV movie.

Of course it can. They can do so much more with a big budget and R rating. There is a A LOT the TV series couldn't get into that this movie can (cosmic turtle anyone?). Mini series was still dope though.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEah hopefully both of these new IT movies will be around 3 hours like the original series added up to. Just so they can cover as much as possible from the book. Like broddie had mentioned, there is so much ? up ? that is in the book that they left out of the original movie. Part of it im sure they couldnt put into a film because its so ? up, other part is they probably just didnt have the budget to include more as it was just a TV series.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like the black dude ain't gonna have a lot of lines
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor is King wrote a bunch of those novels high on coke.
  • Broddie
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Rumor is King wrote a bunch of those novels high on coke.

It's not a rumor. He's admitted as much.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    I thought that was common knowledge lol.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I thought that was common knowledge lol.

I guess these cats don't know King lol

The Shining is infamous for being about his personal bouts with alcoholism and drug addiction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1178151/Stephen-Kings-Real-Horror-Story-How-novelists-addiction-drink-drugs-nearly-killed-him.html
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »

I knew that ? was gonna pop and I still jumped a little, lol. This ? going to be dope!