Meek Mill - Wins And Losses (Official Studio Album and Movie Thread) 7/21

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d1al_t0ne wrote: »
    I think it's a respectable first week for Meek. The album is aight. 90K first week is a solid effort and let's keep it real, that reflects his status in rap's hierarchy. As far as quality, some of the ? that dropped already (jay, k.dot) raised the bar for what I'm willing to tolerate this year but it's a good gym album that I can work up a sweat to.

On some real ? though, Meek's career peaked around summer 2015 Summer 2012 when Future passed him while he was busy with a nonsense "beef". Think about where Meek and Future was at career wise at the start of 2015 and where they finished December 2015.

Fixed for accuracy. Man when DC2 dropped in 2012 that was the peak popularity of meek. Sure DWMTM is his best selling album. However he had the streets on lock that summer unlike anything he has had since.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gee I hope you ride this hard for Papoose now that he’s MMG.

Atleast gee doesn't ? ride an old dictator noone gives a ? .
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening now

1St time ever checkin for him

I understand the yelling criticism now

Flow/volume level/voice got me reachin for the skip button on multiple tracks
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Listening now

I'm sayin. I dunno how people are able to get past that when listening to him. Rap is by far the easiest genre to exhibit vocal control and Meek somehow manages to ? that up.
  • Big Dream
    Big Dream Members Posts: 46
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Listening now

I'm sayin. I dunno how people are able to get past that when listening to him. Rap is by far the easiest genre to exhibit vocal control and Meek somehow manages to ? that up.

Ya'll sound stupid. Meek Is The GOAT! real numbers Out Sunday or Monday!
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

Comparing meek, Sean & Tyler is stewpid & only a idoit would do that cuz they all make different musik & have a different fanbase.....86k is a W for meek since he's a blk street rapper

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Comparing meek, Sean & Tyler is stewpid & only a idoit would do that cuz they all make different musik & have a different fanbase.....86k is a W for meek since he's a blk street rapper

You're putting meek into a box. This ? had a debut album during a hurricane that did better than big seans debut album that had multiple mainstream singles. Sean had my last with breezy and Dance ? with nikki and only did around 70 or 80 k first week back then with Finally Famous. Dreams and Nightmares did 164 K and this was before Meek was dating nikki.

In 2017 Meek sells out the same venues here in CT that Big sean did (they both did the oakdale in the last year before the day of the show. Big sean you still had tickets at the door. So the fact Meek can't ? 100K is questionable. Meek may rap about the streets but his message reaches black folk in the streets and even in the fringe of the suburbs who look up to street ? . Meek also has Suburban white fans who like his street persona. Obviously not as big as other rappers but white kids listen to meek ? white kids listen to all these hood ? .

sub 100K with streaming included is underwhelming period for meek. It's not the end of the world but it is below expectations in my opinion.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I can guarantee that more than half the ppl that actually bought meek album is non black
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't think this ? is an L at all, nor is it a W... dude is where he's suppose to be at. He'll have a Yo Gotti type career from here on out , forever a king in his city and probably will back any club he appears at.
  • gee757
    Options

You're putting meek into a box. This ? had a debut album during a hurricane that did better than big seans debut album that had multiple mainstream singles. Sean had my last with breezy and Dance ? with nikki and only did around 70 or 80 k first week back then with Finally Famous. Dreams and Nightmares did 164 K and this was before Meek was dating nikki.

In 2017 Meek sells out the same venues here in CT that Big sean did (they both did the oakdale in the last year before the day of the show. Big sean you still had tickets at the door. So the fact Meek can't ? 100K is questionable. Meek may rap about the streets but his message reaches black folk in the streets and even in the fringe of the suburbs who look up to street ? . Meek also has Suburban white fans who like his street persona. Obviously not as big as other rappers but white kids listen to meek ? white kids listen to all these hood ? .

sub 100K with streaming included is underwhelming period for meek. It's not the end of the world but it is below expectations in my opinion.

No those are good numbers for meek cuz he's a blk street rapper......u act like there's a long list of blk street rapper s doing over 75k the 1st wk or even going plat like meek just did..

20225894_1223200804448760_4087843580482158592_n.jpg
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

No those are good numbers for meek cuz he's a blk street rapper......u act like there's a long list of blk street rapper s doing over 75k the 1st wk or even going plat like meek just did..

Meek isn't just another street rapper tho. You wanna elevate meek when he sales well and come up with ? excuses when he under performs. This ? meek got plat albums and plat singles so sub 100K is sorry regardless of if he broke up with nikki or he didn't have a drake feature to boost sales like last time.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to let it go ain't nothin wrong with Meek sales nor do his sales even matter
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Y'all need to let it go ain't nothin wrong with Meek sales nor do his sales even matter

Sales determine success an longevity
  • gee757
    Options

Meek isn't just another street rapper tho. You wanna elevate meek when he sales well and come up with ? excuses when he under performs. This ? meek got plat albums and plat singles so sub 100K is sorry regardless of if he broke up with nikki or he didn't have a drake feature to boost sales like last time.

He sold well ? & Gtfoh Wayne Gretzky no body cares about numbers like u.....I remember nerds was saying meek wasn't even gonna do 20k his next album after b2b & his mixtape dc4deflated them dreams & dwmtm going plat was the nightmare...hate on hater!!!

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

He sold well ? & Gtfoh Wayne Gretzky no body cares about numbers like u.....I remember nerds was saying meek wasn't even gonna do 20k his next album after b2b & his mixtape dc4deflated them dreams & dwmtm going plat was the nightmare...hate on hater!!!

You hate numbers because you can't add or subtract them ? ? . Name names of "geeks" who said he would do 20K during the drake beef/fallout. I certainly never said that nor do i remember ? saying that. Meek isn't just another street ? . Yo Gotti, Kodak Black, and Young Dolph are good examples of that lane. But meek is a former ? who was in the streets but has had more success and talent than ? who are just a street ? talking.

100K or more would have been expected in my opinion again given his albums never were below 164K first week in his career. With streaming, youtube (his vids get hella views), and physical albums there is no reason why 100K wasn't realistic for meek.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You hate numbers because you can't add or subtract them ? ? . Name names of "geeks" who said he would do 20K during the drake beef/fallout. I certainly never said that nor do i remember ? saying that. Meek isn't just another street ? . Yo Gotti, Kodak Black, and Young Dolph are good examples of that lane. But meek is a former ? who was in the streets but has had more success and talent than ? who are just a street ? talking.

100K or more would have been expected in my opinion again given his albums never were below 164K first week in his career. With streaming, youtube (his vids get hella views), and physical albums there is no reason why 100K wasn't realistic for meek.

Dolph not sign don't put him in tha same sentence as meek
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=n-x7258H9nI
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Sales determine success an longevity

No sales don't determine success or longevity tell me how many albums Snoop has sold the last few years or E-40 and yet they still out here dropping albums and nobody gives a damn how many they sold..... Quality determines success and longevity
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album is average i give it 3 Mics Young Black America is the best song IMO
  • gee757
    Options

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn gee a groupie. He probably get alerts every time meek update is instagram.VA lost for birthing this clown
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album is dope imo.....I havent heard this much talk about album sales since G Unit peak
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Still bumping so it passed the week test. 1942 Flows and We Ball my new ? . Thugger did his thing.
  • gee757
    Options
    Meek better shoot a video for fall thru in Miami hed b tripping if he didn't..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all know it's not banging because none of y'all talking about specifics verses.

He didn't wow none of y'all.