Comments

• soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    I think that's gonna be the end of Lawrence on this show. It was like a closure episode. And if not his role is gonna be hella small

Being that he's not with Issa anymore pulls the show in too many directions.

No he isn't he will still be prominently featured like he was in the first 2 seasons!!!

Why tho? His character isn't really tied to anybody else now except Tasha's boyfriend.

And anything with him and Issa would be just spinning wheels

I was being sarcastic I assume you missed the discussion in this thread from earlier.

Oh. My bad, carry on
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I think that's gonna be the end of Lawrence on this show. It was like a closure episode. And if not his role is gonna be hella small

No he isn't he will still be prominently featured like he was in the first 2 seasons!!!

Why tho? His character isn't really tied to anybody else now except Tasha's boyfriend.

I see you haven't picked up on the fact that this show shows the insecurity in both Issa and Lawrence. That is just one of the reasons Lawrence will still be featured on the show. If he's not during their break up there was no reason to show Lawrence have a 3-some, ? with Tasha or the little ? he just went through with Aparna.

Just because Issa is the main character doesn't mean everything about the whole show mean no other characters will be developed to have a purpose on the show outside of the main character.

Nah I think he was there this season to show the real after a break up. The double back, the rebound chick, attempt at wylin' out, that awkward moment when you bring a new chick around and you and your ex have the same friends, and the closure.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Seems like you skipped this post, so allow me to emphasize it again:
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

Um, Issa has a respectable career, don't hate.
    giphy.gif

The ? outta here. Iss is a ? hair away from being fired just off of letting that wack-ass VP lock out the Latino students alone. Wouldn't be shocked if she caught dem deavors in S3.

Right now, her job ain't the problem; SHE IS. She let the VP of the school talk (and treat) all sorts of ? about the latino kids in front of her AND Frieda. That ? was discrimination like a muhfucker. I'm willing to bet Frieda went behind her back and reported that ? ....that's probably how Frieda got the promo and Iss didn't.

Nah. Issa self sabotaged the ? out of herself on that one. Shoulda checked that from jump. She put both their jobs in jeopardy trying to secure a small win for self.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I can see Lawrence and Aparna becoming successful with their own mobile app venture...contrast to issa and her career struggling, living on Daniel couch.........catchin facials lol

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.

*in my mansplanning voice* okay calm down Kat dont get you knickers in a bunch.

Im just sayin even her attitude show her job aint ? really..

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't ? about that?

200w.gif

So working with underprivileged children is something to be ashamed of? So what she got reprimanded..who hasn't? Her boss overreacted.

Don't hate on her career choice just cause you don't like her personal decisions.

*in my mansplanning voice* okay calm down Kat dont get you knickers in a bunch.

Im just sayin even her attitude show her job aint ? really..

how so? Issa is a college graduate and she's working for a nonprofit organization doing something to better the community. What's ain't ? about that?

They only saying that cuz she don't make a lot. If it paid better all of a sudden her job would be cool...

Both of yall know "We Got Yall" is an ain't ? organization. Issa being paid better would just allow her to live a better material lifestyle working for that ? ass organization. Most of those people in those staff meetings don't give a ? about none of those kids and they don't even really know how to help those kids.

IMO that's why it ain't ?

I swear I wanna backhand slap her damn coworkers.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

Well the show is called "Insecure"...he displayed a lot of that in the car wit Aparna.

If he's still wit her...we're gonna see more of that.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It isn't so much that he's fat it's just that Molly likes light skin dudes.

Nah its just that molly and issa got hoe tendencies

It's implied. Earlier in the season Molly said she wasn't feeling the dark skin dude and she couldn't put her finger on why. Even though the dark guy has everything going for him that she was looking for in a man. Most of her love interests have been light skin dudes. The ? guy, Jidenna, the other light skin guy and Dro.

Aint that a ? smh
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So to recap...Lawrence's only W this season was calling issa a ? ...

Issa's only W this season was........having molly as her best friend

Molly's only W was.....other job offers

As funny as this show is, ? is actually bleak af :# :/

The show works very well. Alot of us brothas and sistas can relate to the same ? goin on throughout the series.

Facts...when Lawrence was talking bout putting pressure on urself and the way u react when it doesn't go the way u planned....I felt that
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

The show works very well. Alot of us brothas and sistas can relate to the same ? goin on throughout the series.

Facts...when Lawrence was talking bout putting pressure on urself and the way u react when it doesn't go the way u planned....I felt that

His unemployment struggle hit home...sorta.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

There are no winners here...well accept Daniel.

You skeet in a broad's eye...she curse you out
    ...but comes to stay wit yo azzz...AND sleep on the same couch she loss an eye!

Winning.

Nah Daniel is a ? sucka. Issa has him on a shelf and he continues to let himself be played by her.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

That's why I always thought that #LawrenceHive and #TeamIssa ? was funny and dumb...if you can only relate to/root for the females or only the males on the show and don't see some of yourself or others you know in all the characters, you're watching the show incorrectly.

I've been damn near every character at certain points in my life thus far. Right now I'm on my aparna/kelly/chad ? lol.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaaan on the real, Lawrence aint even have to go outside and talk to Issa.....FOR WHAT??
    giphy.gif[img][/img]

I had the same exact reaction. Only reason he did it cuz he felt like they needed to clear the air...until it went south.

He brought that exotical ? to a table full of black women who were ISSA'S friends...not his, made the situation completely awkward and uncomfortable and she had to exit? You better get the ? up and come follow me to check if Im okay. ? wrong wit yall

:joy:

"Exotical"
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    I'm glad Issa saw the error of her ways and got on the same page as Frieda

Issa was a little harsh on Daniel tho he over talked and put his foot in his mouth

Aparna and Lawrence I knew they was gone hook up.

I thought the dinner party was going well until that 1 couple kept asking Lawrence how he knew Derek and kept asking until oh girl was like oh you dated Issa like you blockheads y'all talk 2 much.

Lastly Lawrence got in Issa ass and I think what we saw from Issa at the apartment was her hitting rock bottom.

EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDED TO HIT
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

That's why I always thought that #LawrenceHive and #TeamIssa ? was funny and dumb...if you can only relate to/root for the females or only the males on the show and don't see some of yourself or others you know in all the characters, you're watching the show incorrectly.

I've been damn near every character at certain points in my life thus far. Right now I'm on my aparna/kelly/chad ? lol.

I be mad at all these ? because they do the stupidest ? ...then i gotta look within like...yeah i've done something similar before.

Issa's constant skill of putting her foot in her mouth, Molly picking the toxic relationship, lawrence getting played, daniel letting himself be an option.

Damn let me go find a room for my feelings.

Wouldn't it be more Lawrence playing himself instead of him getting played?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    They've all been playing themselves in a way. Only one who is fully conscious of them ? up tho is molly. She just dove into the fuckery

Meanwhile Lawrence sold his soul for $40 lmaooooo
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't do that
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They've all been playing themselves in a way. Only one who is fully conscious of them ? up tho is molly. She just dove into the fuckery

All very true.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Winning.

nah, biggest winner is easily Dro

he basically undefeated right now
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Don't do that

Where did I lie???? Lol

And before anybody tries to make the "doesn't matter, had a threesome" point, what did he do immediately after leaving? Went back to the dunes and reminisced.....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Yeah Lawrence got that 3sum...but he could've ended that nite like a BAWSE!

Instead...he slouched over staring at the Dunes sign...thinkin about the time him and Issa spent in the bouch...i mean couch. Lol
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Winning.

nah, biggest winner is easily Dro

he basically undefeated right now

Dro & Daniel bussin nuts on Eyes & Thighs leff and right...and while the chicks they smashin gettin mad at em, they always find themselves ? back.

Playas of the Year!