Virginia Tech or OKSt deserve a shot at LSU

Options
bignorm73
bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
A rematch aint no good.

I do think OU will beat OKSt. but if not, put em in the game.

VTech has a weak schedule, but there 1 loss is against a high ranked team,
and if they win the ACC title, they will have avenged that loss.

OKSt. is coming out a power conference, and if they beat OU will have a good resume.

Thoughts? Who else deserves a shot?

BAma cant get rewarded for not even being able to get to there conference championship.

Comments

• beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    waits for greenwood and smoke
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH man they were on TV Cape'n hard for that rematch im like man ya'll must dont remember that Boring ass Slopfest ....bunch of missed kicks, nobody can score a damn TD , the Turnovers , Terrible QB play ....i dunno if they actually played any damn good defense cuz the ? QB's so damn bad

and Alabama still wouldn't beat them it's a damn 1 Man Offense ...
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My thoughts on this idea:

675b88.jpg
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The road to the championship is set for Oklahoma St. if they win against Oklahoma next week
    Clemson is ? up Virginia Tech's chances cuz they finna lose tonite and have 3 losses heading into the championship game next week
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lsu will be the dog ? out of virginia tech
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The road to the championship is set for Oklahoma St. if they win against Oklahoma next week
    Clemson is ? up Virginia Tech's chances cuz they finna lose tonite and have 3 losses heading into the championship game next week

This is Not the same V-Tech team that lost to them earlier in the year, entire team is much better and that QB is a Real Weapon now, early in the year they had the handcuffs on him cuz he came in as a TE he didnt even have his mindset for QB and didnt really wanna play QB .... Dude is killing right now and how found his game, he was their wink link at first now the dude has turned into a monster

V-Tech i think will wash Clemson this time

and the thing i think will hurt Alabama is they dont play the week where a lot of teams play conference championships and i think could get jumped by some1 cuz of that..

but i just pray there isn't another LSU vs Alabama
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the reason they caping for bama is no one wants to see LSU blow out another team, that will make the NC boring cause it will be one sided, atleast bama kept them in check, and they out played LSU, dunno how they claim to be big time program but cant get a kicker who can kick longer than 30 yards
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You're delirious if you think Alabama and LSU aren't the best two teams in the country. And the championship should be between the BEST TWO TEAMS, regardless of conference titles.

They've beat the ? out of every team they've faced, except each other, which was a defensive slugfest.

And saying Bama shouldn't make it because they didn't reach their own conference title game is a stupid reason. If the best two teams in the country are in the same division (regardless how rare that is...) then wtf you supposed to do? It's impossible for them both to win the conference title.

And yes, the first game was low scoring and not the best offensive display, but that is because these two teams have damn near historic defenses. I forgot if it was Saban or Miles but one of them said it was the best defense he's ever coached. So of course it'll be low scoring if it's two defensive minded juggernauts.

The NCG WILL be Alabama/LSU, regardless if you like it or not, because they are obviously the best two teams.

My money is on Bama... 21-20
  • bignorm73
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    You're delirious if you think Alabama and LSU aren't the best two teams in the country. And the championship should be between the BEST TWO TEAMS, regardless of conference titles.

They've beat the ? out of every team they've faced, except each other, which was a defensive slugfest.

And saying Bama shouldn't make it because they didn't reach their own conference title game is a stupid reason. If the best two teams in the country are in the same division (regardless how rare that is...) then wtf you supposed to do? It's impossible for them both to win the conference title.

And yes, the first game was low scoring and not the best offensive display, but that is because these two teams have damn near historic defenses. I forgot if it was Saban or Miles but one of them said it was the best defense he's ever coached. So of course it'll be low scoring if it's two defensive minded juggernauts.

The NCG WILL be Alabama/LSU, regardless if you like it or not, because they are obviously the best two teams.

My money is on Bama... 21-20

Shocked to see a Bama fan post this.

They are the two best teams, probably.
    But, in the past, teams that dont win conference dont play well in NC games.
    Plus, Bama had there shot. Give someone else a shot.

Not fair to LSU either.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The title should just be given to LSU without a game.
    They've shown that they are indeed the best team, and playing Bama in a rematch proves absolutely nothing if Bama wins.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They should give the title to the SEC conference at the beginning of the year and who ever wins that conference should be given the National Title . The season is fun and all , but every year we all know how its going to end .
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What would you rather see?

1. LSU embarrass whomever else besides Bama.
    2. LSU vs Bama in another 60 min nail biter.

The choice should be obvious.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Shocked to see a Bama fan post this.

They are the two best teams, probably.
    But, in the past, teams that dont win conference dont play well in NC games.
    Plus, Bama had there shot. Give someone else a shot.

Not fair to LSU either.

Im not a Bama fan. I dont have a college team.

And yeah Bama had a shot, but I feel like they are the only ones with even a chance of beating LSU. I feel if the kicker was better they WOULD'VE beat Lsu... And if the roles were reversed, (If bama had won) I'd want LSU in the NCG too. I wanna see the best two teams in the nation go at it, regardless of past matchups. ESPECIALLY since no one else is undefeated. Ok St has a horrible loss. Tech's not even in the same league.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    plus the money aspect is nice also bama fan base > va tech and okie state, you gotta sell seats
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What would you rather see?

1. LSU embarrass whomever else besides Bama.
    2. LSU vs Bama in another 60 min nail biter.

The choice should be obvious.

Pretty much. The only team that would give LSU a challenge outside of Bama is Okie State. Virginia Tech? FOH...
  • bignorm73
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im not a Bama fan. I dont have a college team.

And yeah Bama had a shot, but I feel like they are the only ones with even a chance of beating LSU. I feel if the kicker was better they WOULD'VE beat Lsu... And if the roles were reversed, (If bama had won) I'd want LSU in the NCG too. I wanna see the best two teams in the nation go at it, regardless of past matchups. ESPECIALLY since no one else is undefeated. Ok St has a horrible loss. Tech's not even in the same league.

I dont think LSU Can beat Bama twice, but you should not have to beat the same team twice to win a title.
    If Bama wins, how can they say they are the champs? what then, a rubber match?
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Giants lost to the Pats in the regular season and beat them in the SB. Their were no talks of a split title. If your truly the superior team you should be able to prove it on another occassion, especially when it matters most. Bring on Forrest Gump!
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Giants lost to the Pats in the regular season and beat them in the SB. Their were no talks of a split title. If your truly the superior team you should be able to prove it on another occassion, especially when it matters most. Bring on Forrest Gump!

you're talking about NFL regular season compared to the playoffs.....

in College their Regular season is basically the playoffs cuz if u drop a game or 2 it can set your goal back , NFL is not like that where if u drop a 2 or 3 games ya hopes are up
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options

in College their Regular season is basically the playoffs cuz if u drop a game or 2 it can set your goal back , NFL is not like that where if u drop a 2 or 3 games ya hopes are up

He wasn't comparing the seasons, he was comparing the situation... the rematch.

If LSU is truly the superior team, then they should be able to beat them twice.
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The title should just be given to LSU without a game.
    They've shown that they are indeed the best team, and playing Bama in a rematch proves absolutely nothing if Bama wins.

This. LSU wont get a rematch if they lose, why should bama
  • Pusskaveli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=bignorm73;3788387]I dont think LSU Can beat Bama twice, but you should not have to beat the same team twice to win a title.
    If Bama wins, how can they say they are the champs? what then, a rubber match?
    [/QUOTE]

All This Here
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Pusskaveli wrote: »
    This. LSU wont get a rematch if they lose, why should bama

What you mean? As long as LSU doesn't get completely blown out, they'd still have a great chance to go the NCG even with a loss, simply off their body of work in the season.
  • Pusskaveli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    I dont think LSU Can beat Bama twice, but you should not have to beat the same team twice to win a title.
    If Bama wins, how can they say they are the champs? what then, a rubber match?[/B]

All This Here
  • Pusskaveli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What you mean? As long as LSU doesn't get completely blown out, they'd still have a great chance to go the NCG even with a loss, simply off their body of work in the season.

If they lose to bama by 3 points in the NCG game they not getting a rematch
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options

Just drawing a comparison between a regular seadon match-up vs post season matchup. Bowl season is essentially the post season, it makes no sense to me that a game in september should be considered a playoff game, especially if a team has proven to be one of the top teams in the nation. Common sense needs to be added in the algorithm that computer uses. But then again its a computer, its logic is only as good as the human that controls it.