Virginia Tech or OKSt deserve a shot at LSU

Options

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    He wasn't comparing the seasons, he was comparing the situation... the rematch.

If LSU is truly the superior team, then they should be able to beat them twice.

you're missing my point , the Situation is exactly what makes it different ..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i thought they made a stipulation back when Nebraska played Miami in the NC game after not winning the Big 12 title that ud have to win ur conference to play in the NC??

or am i wrong??
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What you mean? As long as LSU doesn't get completely blown out, they'd still have a great chance to go the NCG even with a loss, simply off their body of work in the season.

if LSU dropped to GA why should they go to the Championship???...u Lost late in the season , people cape too much for these SEC teams when i see teams lose they get dropped damn near 6 or 7 slots, when u get some of these SEC teams that drop a game they drop 2 or 3 slots

like Why the ? was Auburn even ranked at all coming into today??? they had 4 Losses coming into and had one decent win all year long and that was over South Carolina...they had no business being a ranked team at all..
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just drawing a comparison between a regular seadon match-up vs post season matchup. Bowl season is essentially the post season, it makes no sense to me that a game in september should be considered a playoff game, especially if a team has proven to be one of the top teams in the nation. Common sense needs to be added in the algorithm that computer uses. But then again its a computer, its logic is only as good as the human that controls it.

No Bowl season is not 'Essentially Post Season" cuz when the winners win their bowl games they dont matchup all the winners........ The Regular Season is their playoffs cuz of ranking and who goes where ...
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bama is the only team qualified to beat LSU. No other team stands a chance in hell, that much is evident.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if LSU dropped to GA why should they go to the Championship???...u Lost late in the season , people cape too much for these SEC teams when i see teams lose they get dropped damn near 6 or 7 slots, when u get some of these SEC teams that drop a game they drop 2 or 3 slots

like Why the ? was Auburn even ranked at all coming into today??? they had 4 Losses coming into and had one decent win all year long and that was over South Carolina...they had no business being a ranked team at all..

The SEC gets that benefit because they are head and shoulders above everyone else. The fastest/strongest athletes head there consistently. Auburns losses were to LSU (best team) Arkansas (was JUST #3) Alabama (now #2) and the 2nd best ACC team, Clemson. Their schedule is way harder than anyone else who you might rank in their place...

And if LSU loses, which they won't, their resume is still more impressive then ANYONE ELSE you would put in the Championship game.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bama is the only team qualified to beat LSU. No other team stands a chance in hell, that much is evident.

Still dont see how they beat LSU even in a rematch , Bama is a 1 man Offense, they have no FG kicker dude is a ? , a average at best QB who gets exposed when the game speeds up...

i dont see what Alabama is better at than LSU
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Still dont see how they beat LSU even in a rematch , Bama is a 1 man Offense, they have no FG kicker dude is a ? , a average at best QB who gets exposed when the game speeds up...

Yeah those are their weakness, but their defense is just as good, if not better than LSUs. And if you think about it, Bama makes ONE of the multiple missed kicks, they win that game. Their defense was enough. Kicker can't be that ? again lol.
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No Bowl season is not 'Essentially Post Season" cuz when the winners win their bowl games they dont matchup all the winners........ The Regular Season is their playoffs cuz of ranking and who goes where ...

All highly ranked teams have a loss, correct? And no one wants to see Boise or Houston play for the title and wont bother putting them there because they know their not qualified to be there. Bama is the 2nd best team, it just so happens the best team is in their division.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah those are their weakness, but their defense is just as good, if not better than LSUs. And if you think about it, Bama makes ONE of the multiple missed kicks, they win that game. Their defense was enough. Kicker can't be that ? again lol.

Well they DIDN'T make those kicks , they lost lol, u cant say what if .....they didnt ....hell the FG kicker was missing kicks the next week to i believe

and their Defense may be good thats fine but the difference is LSU has a load of RB's , they have the special teams which makes a world of difference in that matchup......and out of all 3 QB's Jefferson is the better of the 3 now he can move the chains with his feet

yes Bama got Richardson but thats all the hell they have on Offense they'll make their QB throw and throw and throw , Eddie Lacy is a decent back but he's just a big Slow guy, LSU has all different types of backs in the backfield
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options

The only thing that separates the two are ST's. LSU leads there in spades. We also can be more multi-dimensional on offense due to depth and slightly better athletes, which will show in a rematch. With that said LSU is the only team that can put themselves in position to take advantage of Bama's weaknesses.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well they DIDN'T make those kicks , they lost lol, u cant say what if .....they didnt ....hell the FG kicker was missing kicks the next week to i believe

and their Defense may be good thats fine but the difference is LSU has a load of RB's , they have the special teams which makes a world of difference in that matchup......and out of all 3 QB's Jefferson is the better of the 3 now he can move the chains with his feet

yes Bama got Richardson but thats all the hell they have on Offense they'll make their QB throw and throw and throw , Eddie Lacy is a decent back but he's just a big Slow guy, LSU has all different types of backs in the backfield

I feel u. I still feel like it's basically a coin flip, as evidenced by that game. No one had the clear advantage. ? , if anything, Bama's offense was looking better.

We will see what happens.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If Bama gets a rematch in the NCG I will officially stop watching college football.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I feel u. I still feel like it's basically a coin flip, as evidenced by that game. No one had the clear advantage. ? , if anything, Bama's offense was looking better.

We will see what happens.

it's not a wide gap , but in that type of matchup it doesnt have to be ...but i just think LSU wins the QB Battle, they win the special teams Battle , they win the creativity battle , Defense i think they edge them out with the DB's cuz they have two 1st Round CB's out there cuz Claiborne is def. gonna go in the 1st Round

Running Game is probably equal , Bama has the best "Single" Back in Richardson but LSU has a ton of damn good RB's they may not be Trent but they still good as hell as a entire Unit..

When i look at the two teams i just have a hard time seeing what Bama does Better than LSU...but when i reverse that im able to name stuff for LSU
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Personqlly, I honestly believe the convo is moot if Okie St wins next Saturday. The world will be happy and LSU easily walks away with title #4.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Personqlly, I honestly believe the convo is moot if Okie St wins next Saturday. The world will be happy and LSU easily walks away with title #4.

OK State wouldn't get in over them.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There is no way Alabama is gettin a Title shot, cuzzo.
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A one loss team from the Big 12 should play in the NCG. SOS [strength of schedule] warrants a Big 12, one loss Champ an automatic bid in the NCG.
    However the SEC......, I mean BCS, love fest with SEC will not even the playing field - as such they will force us to watch another low scoring, boring rematch that will end up 7-6 LSU.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There is no way Alabama is gettin a Title shot, cuzzo.

There has been five times in the history of BCS that the team ranked #2 in BCS polls didn't play in the last week of the regular season. All five times they ended up in the NCG. That's what's gonna happen with Bama. That's just the way the computers work dude.

Not to mention Ok St's loss was to a way worse team than Bama's loss. How can you justify putting in OK State ahead of Bama?
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    A one loss team from the Big 12 should play in the NCG. SOS [strength of schedule] warrants a Big 12, one loss Champ an automatic bid in the NCG.
    However the SEC......, I mean BCS, love fest with SEC will not even the playing field - as such they will force us to watch another low scoring, boring rematch that will end up 7-6 LSU.

How would it be possible for a 1 loss Big 12 team to have an automatic bid in the NCG but not a 1 loss SEC team? When it's clear SEC is the better conference.
  • smittysmith
    edited November 2011
    Options
    OK State wouldn't get in over them.

They would actually. They would only need 41 out of 176 votes. That would be easy to come by judging by the outrage in this thread.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They would actually. They would only need 41 out of 176 votes. That would be easy to come by judging by the outrage in this thread.

And how can you possibly come up with that number when OK State still has a game to play as well as LSU???
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How would it be possible for a 1 loss Big 12 team to have an automatic bid in the NCG but not a 1 loss SEC team? When it's clear SEC is the better conference.

Because no one outside Tuscaloosa wants to see a re-match.
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    I dont think LSU Can beat Bama twice, but you should not have to beat the same team twice to win a title.
    If Bama wins, how can they say they are the champs? what then, a rubber match?
    The title should just be given to LSU without a game.
    They've shown that they are indeed the best team, and playing Bama in a rematch proves absolutely nothing if Bama wins.
    Pusskaveli wrote: »
    If they lose to bama by 3 points in the NCG game they not getting a rematch

Everybody wanna overlook these
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    Because no one outside Tuscaloosa wants to see a re-match.

Ehhh.. that's strictly opinion. I'm not a fan of either team and I'd rather see Bama vs LSU then any other option.

Just cuz the first game was a super defensive battle and low scoring doesn't necessarily mean the next one will.