Virginia Tech or OKSt deserve a shot at LSU

Options

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    How would it be possible for a 1 loss Big 12 team to have an automatic bid in the NCG but not a 1 loss SEC team? When it's clear SEC is the better conference.

That is an opinion, bro. I agree that Alabama is one of the best teams in the country, but it is not fair to all of the other one loss teams that are out there regardless of how "weak" people say their schedules are.
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ehhh.. that's strictly opinion. I'm not a fan of either team and I'd rather see Bama vs LSU then any other option.

Just cuz the first game was a super defensive battle and low scoring doesn't necessarily mean the next one will.

You must not have studied History back in grade school, I do not mean this statement as a diss, but history repeats itself.
    No wonder Les Miles is grinning and pushing for a re-match because as history as shown [him] us - he will win 7-6.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Pusskaveli wrote: »
    Everybody wanna overlook these

To the quote that's saying "You shouldn't have to beat a team twice to win a title" is the most ? comment ever. It happens in every other sport. The Heat played the Mavs BEFORE the Finals. Packers played the Bears 3 times last year. Cards played the Rangers in the reg. season. Rematches happen.

To the quote that says "The title should be given to LSU without a game" is probably the 2nd most ? comment. Cancelling a NCG would be ludicrous. And if Bama won the second time, especially in convincing fashion, would that not show Bama is the superior team?

To the comment "if they lose by 3 points in the NCG game they aren't getting a rematch" is just stating the obvious. What team DOES get a rematch after the FINAL game of the season?

They were overlooked cuz they were stupid.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That is an opinion, bro. I agree that Alabama is one of the best teams in the country, but it is not fair to all of the other one loss teams that are out there regardless of how "weak" people say their schedules are.

For one, you might be the only person in the world who thinks the Big 12 is better than the SEC. Bruh, in case you haven't noticed, SEC has won like the last 6-7 chips.

Two, it ain't about fair. But if it WAS how can you justify a 1 loss OK State over a 1 loss Bama. Bama's schedule was tougher and Bama blew everyone out except LSU. Not to mention OK State lost to Iowa State. Come on.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    You must not have studied History back in grade school, I do not mean this statement as a diss, but history repeats itself.
    No wonder Les Miles is grinning and pushing for a re-match because as history as shown [him] us - he will win 7-6.

And where are you getting that from?
  • s0j0urner
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And where are you getting that from?

Getting what from?
    Les Miles said that he'd welcome a rematch with AL in the NCG, why would he welcome a rematch with a foe? Unless the said foe is weak and Les knows that he will win said rematch.
    Now put in a high scoring out of conference team like Stanford, oSu or VT, and I guarantee you that Les will be ? in his pants. Alabama is a weak team, in a weak [2011] SEC conference, their offense sucks. How may .50000 & above teams has AL beaten compared to other one loss teams?
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For one, you might be the only person in the world who thinks the Big 12 is better than the SEC. Bruh, in case you haven't noticed, SEC has won like the last 6-7 chips.

Two, it ain't about fair. But if it WAS how can you justify a 1 loss OK State over a 1 loss Bama. Bama's schedule was tougher and Bama blew everyone out except LSU. Not to mention OK State lost to Iowa State. Come on.

No, I never said the Big 12 conference was/is the better conference. Alabama had their shot.

Check this
    Although more than two teams from a single conference can be BCS bowl eligible, no more than two teams from a single conference can be selected to play in the five BCS bowls.

So if LSU plays Alabama in the BCS Title game NO other SEC teams could play in the other 3 major bowl games.

That is not happening.

The ? teams like Arkansas look like playing in the holiday bowl ?
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And how can you possibly come up with that number when OK State still has a game to play as well as LSU???

I ran this scenary various times. If LSU wins the SECCG (which they will) and Okie St beats OU, then Okie St, still being #2 in the computers will move within 2 thousandths of a point from Bama. They would only need one quarter of the human vote (41 votes). If by some happen stance LSU losses we get the same outcome. If Okie St losses theirs a rematch. If both Okie St and LSU loss theirs a rematch.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LSU would beat the fire out of Virginia Tech and OK St. Although I don't care to play them again because we were lucky to win the first time Alabama along with LSU are head and shoulders above the other teams, so it will be a rematch more than likely. I just hope we (LSU) take care of business against Georgia and beat them convincingly. If Bama didn't play in the SEC they'd be undefeated and beat teams worst than they do. The same can be said for LSU.
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To the quote that's saying "You shouldn't have to beat a team twice to win a title" is the most ? comment ever. It happens in every other sport. The Heat played the Mavs BEFORE the Finals. Packers played the Bears 3 times last year. Cards played the Rangers in the reg. season. Rematches happen.

To the quote that says "The title should be given to LSU without a game" is probably the 2nd most ? comment. Cancelling a NCG would be ludicrous. And if Bama won the second time, especially in convincing fashion, would that not show Bama is the superior team?

To the comment "if they lose by 3 points in the NCG game they aren't getting a rematch" is just stating the obvious. What team DOES get a rematch after the FINAL game of the season?

They were overlooked cuz they were stupid.

Does every other sport have a playoff?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There has been five times in the history of BCS that the team ranked #2 in BCS polls didn't play in the last week of the regular season. All five times they ended up in the NCG. That's what's gonna happen with Bama. That's just the way the computers work dude.

Not to mention Ok St's loss was to a way worse team than Bama's loss. How can you justify putting in OK State ahead of Bama?

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VT consistently chokes in the big games

OK st. has no BCS experience

so neither game would be entertaining or close

even though it would be a turrible game, lsu/alabama is inevitable ......

all this means is a playoff system is needed ASAP, until then CFB is a joke.....
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

? please.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No, I never said the Big 12 conference was/is the better conference. Alabama had their shot.

Check this

So if LSU plays Alabama in the BCS Title game NO other SEC teams could play in the other 3 major bowl games.

That is not happening.

The ? teams like Arkansas look like playing in the holiday bowl ?

thats not true if 2 teams from the same conference are playing in the bcs title game

a 3rd team can play in another bcs bowl game.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    thats not true if 2 teams from the same conference are playing in the bcs title game

a 3rd team can play in another bcs bowl game.

Want a link? I PROMISE those are the rules.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? please.

they showed that on espn
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    So people don't want to see the two best team play?

Close Thread....
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Getting what from?
    Les Miles said that he'd welcome a rematch with AL in the NCG, why would he welcome a rematch with a foe? Unless the said foe is weak and Les knows that he will win said rematch.
    Now put in a high scoring out of conference team like Stanford, oSu or VT, and I guarantee you that Les will be ? in his pants. Alabama is a weak team, in a weak [2011] SEC conference, their offense sucks. How may .50000 & above teams has AL beaten compared to other one loss teams?

Stanford doesn't have the athletes, OK St is one dimensional and defensively deficient, and VT is VT. None of those teams would last 3 qrts against either LSU or Bama.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Want a link? I PROMISE those are the rules.

i heard it on radio the other day
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lsu will be the dog ? out of virginia tech

massacre on elm street (said on purpose no typo)
    You're delirious if you think Alabama and LSU aren't the best two teams in the country. And the championship should be between the BEST TWO TEAMS, regardless of conference titles.

They've beat the ? out of every team they've faced, except each other, which was a defensive slugfest.

correctamundo
    The title should just be given to LSU without a game.
    They've shown that they are indeed the best team, and playing Bama in a rematch proves absolutely nothing if Bama wins.
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    I dont think LSU Can beat Bama twice, but you should not have to beat the same team twice to win a title.
    If Bama wins, how can they say they are the champs? what then, a rubber match?

very very true....I never thought of this point
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    They should give the title to the SEC conference at the beginning of the year and who ever wins that conference should be given the National Title . The season is fun and all , but every year we all know how its going to end .

*hangs head* but but we got legends and leaders!
  • s0j0urner
    edited November 2011
    Options

People want to see another one loss team from an automatic BCS qualifying conference - given a chance.
    Nobody wants to see another low scoring, boring game disguised as SEC defense. This is America we like watching high scoring sports/teams and having an LSU and AL rematch will be an atrocity and torturous to watch.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

We saw them play
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People want to see another one loss team from an automatic BCS qualifying conference - given a chance.
    Nobody wants to see another low scoring, boring game disguised as SEC defense. This is America we like watching high scoring sports/teams and having an LSU and AL rematch will be an atrocity and torturous to watch.

Lol....dis ? sojo
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have no problem with seeing bama/lsu ll
  • s0j0urner
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Stanford doesn't have the athletes, OK St is one dimensional and defensively deficient, and VT is VT. None of those teams would last 3 qrts against either LSU or Bama.

You know this how?
    Let us wait for next week when oSu plays OU, the nerds play in their conference championship and VT plays in theirs.

SEC fans, I tell ya!