Virginia Tech or OKSt deserve a shot at LSU

Options

Comments

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If LSU would've lost to Bama, they would've been moved to #5 in the polls and wouldn't have a shot at the NC... Bama had it's shot (at home no less) and couldn't win. I'd rather see a high powered offense like OK St go against LSU's Defense.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    If LSU would've lost to Bama, they would've been moved to #5 in the polls and wouldn't have a shot at the NC... Bama had it's shot (at home no less) and couldn't win. I'd rather see a high powered offense like OK St go against LSU's Defense.

^^^^
    If we HAVE to see any NC game, I would prefer if it was this.
    Couldn't sit back and watch 60 minutes of "defense"/(but really just bad offense) again
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Damn boi...that right there almost made me lean towards a lsu vs anybody but bama match up.lol
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^^^^
    If we HAVE to see any NC game, I would prefer if it was this.
    Couldn't sit back and watch 60 minutes of "defense"/(but really just bad offense) again

Baylor football has spoiled you cause them ? play no defense.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

another great point

wow this thread probably has the highest level of logic used on the CS to date
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I ran this scenary various times. If LSU wins the SECCG (which they will) and Okie St beats OU, then Okie St, still being #2 in the computers will move within 2 thousandths of a point from Bama. They would only need one quarter of the human vote (41 votes). If by some happen stance LSU losses we get the same outcome. If Okie St losses theirs a rematch. If both Okie St and LSU loss theirs a rematch.

The flaw in that scenario is that BAMA is #2 in the computers, not Ok State. Even with a Ok State win against OKla.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    Getting what from?
    Les Miles said that he'd welcome a rematch with AL in the NCG, why would he welcome a rematch with a foe? Unless the said foe is weak and Les knows that he will win said rematch.
    Now put in a high scoring out of conference team like Stanford, oSu or VT, and I guarantee you that Les will be ? in his pants. Alabama is a weak team, in a weak [2011] SEC conference, their offense sucks. How may .50000 & above teams has AL beaten compared to other one loss teams?

I said 'where are you getting that from' meaning... what makes you think that they'll win 7-6 due to 'history repeating itself'?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Baylor football has spoiled you cause them ? play no defense.

true.
    But Bama/LSU was no defensive display.
    Both those offenses just sucked and put everyone to sleep.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options

This is FALSE because the teams who woulda been #2-4 ALL LOST since then... so LSU would be #2 right now. Therefore LSU WOULD have a shot.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    another great point

wow this thread probably has the highest level of logic used on the CS to date

Word...that ? made a case for the other teams tryna get into the title game.Something bama prolly couldnt speak on right there,because had lsu lost to them they wouldnt have a shot to be in the ncg especially not even winning your division or conference.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Want a link? I PROMISE those are the rules.

Nearly every analyst whose professional JOB it is to work out scenarios has said its is gonna be Bama Vs LSU. I've listened to interviews with ? who work with the BCS computers saying it's gonna be Bama / LSU. And frankly, I dont see how ? with any logic/common sense even think OK State would get in over Bama. Maybe if they didnt lose to Iowa State, I could see it, but after that loss and Bama's convincing win, even a win over Oklahoma would NOT push them over Bama. This is a fact dude, it's been confirmed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it doesn't matter who LSU plays honestly we are witnessing one of the greatest college football teams ever ....
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    true.
    But Bama/LSU was no defensive display.
    Both those offenses just sucked and put everyone to sleep.

Nah doggie,both those defenses are stout.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Word...that ? made a case for the other teams tryna get into the title game.Something bama prolly couldnt speak on right there,because had lsu lost to them they wouldnt have a shot to be in the ncg especially not even winning your division or conference.

Yes they would. Check my previous post.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You know this how?
    Let us wait for next week when oSu plays OU, the nerds play in their conference championship and VT plays in theirs.

SEC fans, I tell ya!

I know by watching them play. When you've watched every level of football religously for going on 2 decades you should be able to point out a teams strengths and weaknesses. We saw what happened when Stanford played an athleticslly superior team in Oregon, we know Ok St can't stop a JV squad which is why they lost to ISU and gave up 50 to KSU, and we know the history of VTech.

? aint rocket science.
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I said 'where are you getting that from' meaning... what makes you think that they'll win 7-6 due to 'history repeating itself'?

Because in SEC Country NOBODY scores a touchdown, did either team score a td in the last meeting?
    This is how I envision the rematch:
    LSU: 2 touch backs going into 4th quarter, AL: two field goals.

Less than 1 minute left LSU forces a fumble on the 40 yard line, Jefferson drives and Les calls a timeout with 2 seconds remaining, the Australian kicks the winning fg and LSU wins 7-6.

^^ Typical SEC ? games, who honestly wants to watch this ? ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Ohio State high powered offense played an SEC defense (Florida) and couldn't put up points
    Texas high powered offense plays SEC defense (BAMA) and couldn't score
    Oregon unstoppable offense plays a mediocre SEC defense and couldn't put up points

Stop acting like LSU defense won't overwhelm OKst or VT
    Only non SEC team that can possibly compete with an SEC team year after year is Texas, Oklahoma, and USC

You forgot that 08 title game with sam bradford getting put on his ass with the rest of the oklahoma ? .
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know by watching them play. When you've watched every level of football religously for going on 2 decades you should be able to point out a teams strengths and weaknesses. We saw what happened when Stanford played an athleticslly superior team in Oregon, we know Ok St can't stop a JV squad which is why they lost to ISU and gave up 50 to KSU, and we know the history of VTech.

? aint rocket science.

Is BAMA any better?
    Once again: HOW MANY .5000 & ABOVE TEAMS HAS BAMA BEATEN COMPARED TO OTHER ONE LOSS TEAMS?
    Yes, I am yelling, because noone of you SEC and BAMA fans can answer this simple question.

I will wait.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because in SEC Country NOBODY scores a touchdown, did either team score a td in the last meeting?
    This is how I envision the rematch:
    LSU: 2 touch backs going into 4th quarter, AL: two field goals.

Less than 1 minute left LSU forces a fumble on the 40 yard line, Jefferson drives and Les calls a timeout with 2 seconds remaining, the Australian kicks the winning fg and LSU wins 7-6.

^^ Typical SEC ? games, who honestly wants to watch this ? ?

Fist off, the ? you mean no one scores in SEC Country lol. Both Bama and LSU scored between 30-50 against damn near every other SEC team lol.

And a forced fumble on the 40 yard line with a minute left to set up a last minute game winning fg isnt exciting? You need to stop watching football then.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    it doesn't matter who LSU plays honestly we are witnessing one of the greatest college football teams ever ....

Hope you're not serious
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is BAMA any better?
    Once again: HOW MANY .5000 & ABOVE TEAMS HAS BAMA BEATEN COMPARED TO OTHER ONE LOSS TEAMS?
    Yes, I am yelling, because noone of you SEC and BAMA fans can answer this simple question.

I will wait.

? how bout instead of wanting us to go get information to support your argument you go do the work yourself.

You're asking for a lot of research, you go do that ? if you think it's so important.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »

trolling post
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    The flaw in that scenario is that BAMA is #2 in the computers, not Ok State. Even with a Ok State win against OKla.

Okie St is #2 in computers and #6 in human polls look it up. And if Bama moves there tomorrow with Okie being off this week it will immediately be cancelled out if Ok St beats OU next Saturday.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i want to see this rematch and bama will win
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Okie St is #2 in computers and #6 in human polls look it up. And if Bama moves there tomorrow with Okie being off this week it will immediately be cancelled out if Ok St beats OU next Saturday.

Bruh... what are you talking about.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings