A Message to "mixed" black girls who are my color.....

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    too many of you women don't listen and when you do listen it's to men who don't have good intentions

Why do you think women need to "listen" to men? I ask because you said listen and obey...I'm not here to obey any man I'm dating. You're (men) neither smarter nor more educated and I feel not the slightest inclination to be led.

Of course woman and man should listen to each other and hear each other out and whatnot...but I'm not the boss of my man as he wouldn't be the boss of me. We are two people to build one another up. One shall not walk in front of the other.

Maybe obey is too strong of a word. But in general i feel black women should strongly heed the advice of black men on many issues not just this one. i think that many times when we tell you something it is dismissed without even a thought. we have been trying to get black women to stoop with the ? weave for a long time now it embarrasses the entire race. you don't listen.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's sad to see 90% of the female responses in this thread have been off-topic, trying to derail the thread topic. It went from attacking Tommy Sotomayor to attacking the threadstarter to emphasize that black men have some color issues as well. They've done everything but respond on topic, because the truth is too hard to handle. All these deflections are coping mechanisms. Sad, just sad...

Some of these black females only wanna be pandered to. Why you think Tyler Perry movies do so well? Why you think those Hill Harper/ Steve Harvey type books sell like they do? Why do these ? a*s christian ministers make money like they do? These females only wanna hear how strong they are, how all of them are 'queens' and how 'n!ggas ain't ? '. Grow the f@ck up...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    too many of you women don't listen and when you do listen it's to men who don't have good intentions

Do you listen to your wife's good intentions and opinions on an equal playing field level with your own or do you still feel, at the end of the day, that your thoughts and decisions outweigh hers because you're a man?

Yes. i think females opinion on certain issues needs to be given greater weight. in others a male opinion should be given greater weight. it all depends on what we are talking about.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why do you think women need to "listen" to men? I ask because you said listen and obey...I'm not here to obey any man I'm dating. You're (men) neither smarter nor more educated and I feel not the slightest inclination to be led.

Of course woman and man should listen to each other and hear each other out and whatnot...but I'm not the boss of my man as he wouldn't be the boss of me. We are two people to build one another up. One shall not walk in front of the other.

Maybe obey is too strong of a word. But in general i feel black women should strongly heed the advice of black men on many issues not just this one. i think that many times when we tell you something it is dismissed without even a thought. we have been trying to get black women to stoop with the ? weave for a long time now it embarrasses the entire race. you don't listen.

Shiiiiddd, I've been fighting that fight too...but I'm just a crazy, nappy headed lil girl who doesn't mind her own business when I attempt to tell these wannabe barbies the truth.

As you feel that more Black women need to listen to the things good Black men have to say, I feel that more Black men should heed the teachings of the good Black women. Balance.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thia thread is getting more coherent.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    Soooo, I guess the whole point of this thread was to point out that Black Women have self hate issues....only Black Women.

None of this applies to Black Men......the IC has not changed

:))

Self hate in 2013 ? Doesn't make sense to me.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    individualism is part of the problem. You do realize that don't you? No other race expect blacks and whites look at themselves as individuals. Whites do it because it's a privilege and blacks do it because their blind and dumb.

All I'm saying is wasting your time complaining about what other people do (especially when it doesn't affect your life in anyway) is beyond stupid. People are going to do whatever they please, instead of worrying about the people that aren't doing what you feel is right worry about the people that are.
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|

I couldn't care less about what his last name is. I have heard him on many occasions refer to himself as a "black" Hispanic. Who he is off YT has nothing to do with the message he's trying to get across(please don't turn this into another baseless argument). And as I said previously many black men feels as he does, so he aint saying anything new.

But what about color struck black men or those who put women of other races on a pedestal and bash bw?

Instead of attacking only black women he would have been better served to address the ways in which colorism and white supremancy has impacted black and brown men and women

Imho a lot of darker skinned and blk individuals here in america and all over the world over time have unfortunately absorbed negative feelings and attitudes towards blackness

no one is denying this. In fact I think the black men preferring lighter skin women is getting played out. If young brother grows up and sees every female in his household frying out their hair and religiously using ambi skin lightening cream what the hell do you expect.

Yes

Via the media, film, historical texts, blk women and men have been socialized to embody the attitudes of white supremacy for years and years

However placing all the blame on bw for the black community's lack of racial pride is misguided and counterproductive

I agree but I never once indicated that this is so. It's large factor and perhaps the most damaging. A young man who see's his mothers and sister running away from their own blackness is already going to be at a disposition. The white supremacist media and films only validates it. Think of the inner conflict he'd have growing up seeing his females family members and peers embracing their blackness with pride and dignity while at the same time seeing a different standard of beauty being heavily embraced on television. Regardless of what he sees on that screen he'd be more inclined to prefer the beauty of black women because it's his reality.

So what if when said young man's mother was a girl and she was teased by her male classmates because she was the darkest girl in her classroom...or what if his sister's favorite rapper said in an interview he thought darker skinned women were unattractive...

I don't think it matters as much if you being constantly affirmed that you are black and beautiful at home. I use to be under constant ridicule for my dark skin but my mother and father made me hip to the game at an early age.And because of this I often looked upon my peers as if they were the one's with the problem (which they usually were).

Ok, but not everyone including little girls has or had that type of guidance and support at home....

why do you think that is?

Again I feel since the days of slavery, at least here in america, many blks have absorbed negative attitudes towards blackness by no fault of their own considering what it means/meant to be "black", and these attitudes have been unfortunately pasted down generation to generations

Some of these women and men grew up in impoverished, broken households and as children could realistically see that whites have more power and resources, which can also explain why they would develope a negative self image

As you very well know its a complicated issue

and so instead of making this solely about the actions of blk women instead of focusing on colorism which effects blk men as well again is counter productive and disingenuous

But I guess it follows the same vein typical of the IC so I shouldnt be shocked....its funny though how many of the same male posters whine about how blk women are not submissive and do not respect a man's role as leader come into threads such as this one not to take some self accountabilty but only to point fingers...smh lol
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    It's sad to see 90% of the female responses in this thread have been off-topic, trying to derail the thread topic. It went from attacking Tommy Sotomayor to attacking the threadstarter to emphasize that black men have some color issues as well. They've done everything but respond on topic, because the truth is too hard to handle. All these deflections are coping mechanisms. Sad, just sad...

Some of these black females only wanna be pandered to. Why you think Tyler Perry movies do so well? Why you think those Hill Harper/ Steve Harvey type books sell like they do? Why do these ? a*s christian ministers make money like they do? These females only wanna hear how strong they are, how all of them are 'queens' and how 'n!ggas ain't ? '. Grow the f@ck up...

Please why would any woman would actually want to have a conversation when the op is full of disrespect?? And why not talk about colorism as a whole instead of making it a black woman problem? Maybe if ts would've framed the discussion better he would've gotten better responses from the ladies....
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just a crazy, nappy headed lil girl who doesn't mind her own business

More ? in your life will prolly help you with your problems..................

&

A relaxer and some weave...................

• SixSickSins
    edited April 2013
    Options

&

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rofl
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5S6UUXviQQrps4O2N5RNsH1vWIdXXJnWAg-Hg3GYZSiFL-R8S7w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTROpy2IoC-Xi6fuG8Os-s2bbpHQQ_MhTFfWiOUDLiow0odO4W2

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

&

Well damn six. I just want to ask real quick, do you have militant parents? Cuz never had i met a black woman, or youngblack girl at that, who has so much knowledge or pride in bein black.
  • SixSickSins
    Options

&

Well damn six. I just want to ask real quick, do you have militant parents? Cuz never had i met a black woman, or youngblack girl at that, who has so much knowledge or pride in bein black.

Yes B-)

And thank you...may the Black Creator bless you for your cognizance and awareness, King. ^:)^

Your soul is omalicha nwa...amen!
  • Drew_Ali
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Lol.....

@ "parents".....

? has only heard stories of her pops.........

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do wanna say this kus I love bein right at all times
    aa are not wat africans are the homeland we are nuwbians
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Lol.....

@ "parents".....

? has only head stories of her pops.........

Are those stories your loony ? daddy tells you? Accept his new lifestyle and stop projecting on others.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @SixSickSins How do you feel about Europeans such as Jon Brown and Bartolome de Las Casas? Influential Europeans that were totally against White supremacy, slavery, and racism?
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Meh. There are no true European heroes/heroines that championed the real cause. Only Black ones.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Meh. There are no true European heroes/heroines that championed the real cause. Only Black ones.
    John Brown died for the cause. They hung him. The man dedicated his life to it.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Lol.....

@ "parents".....

? has only head stories of her pops.........

Are those stories your loony ? daddy tells you? Accept his new lifestyle and stop projecting on others.

http://youtu.be/ph-5cuJgVRs
    Perfect wrote: »
    @SixSickSins How do you feel about Europeans such as Jon Brown and Bartolome de Las Casas? Influential Europeans that were totally against White supremacy, slavery, and racism?

? is a bigot........

Don't waste your time...........

• SixSickSins
    Options
    John Brown died for the cause. They hung him. The man dedicated his life to it.

That's nice.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A woman is to obey thats ? law from her father to her husbands house gods law our law black ? ...........lets get crass im a warrior u a ? an less than a man not to lead your woman this what she needs she must submit ..stay up
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

He advocated the slavery of Africans

It was only later he regretted his advocacy of african slavery. He is the one who suggested that since the Indians were dying that Africans slaves should be imported

So ? him
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

It was only later he regretted his advocacy of african slavery

So ? him

Word.....

de Las Casas was WOAT.........

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »

Please why would any woman would actually want to have a conversation when the op is full of disrespect?? And why not talk about colorism as a whole instead of making it a black woman problem? Maybe if ts would've framed the discussion better he would've gotten better responses from the ladies....
    This thread is about 'mixed' black females that 'look black' and got so called negroid features claiming non-black backgrounds. Every black person, whether in the US or in the caribbean, is familiar with this phenomena. It wasn't like Tommy Sotomayor was saying anything that wasn't said before...
    Like with any topic you can choose to respond on topic and contribute or click one of the other threads in g 'n s. You can even start a spinny or another thread. It's pathetic that alot of females tried to derail the thread because they couldn't bear the truth. This thread ain't about men and colorism (that thread been done to death on g 'n s and The Powder Room), so why should we focus on that?

Look how silly this sounds. If someone makes a thread about racism in the US and how blacks are affected by it, someone else (maybe someone white who takes offence) starts talking about how there's racism in African countries as well in an effort to derail that thread and stop people from discussing the topic at hand because it hit too close to home. That's exactly how some females are acting in this thread.

• Black Boy King
    edited April 2013
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

It was only later he regretted his advocacy of african slavery. He is the one who suggested that since the Indians were dying that Africans slaves should be imported

So ? him
    I am aware of his early life, though I'm not one to hold someone's past against them if they legitimately change. Especially if they make real contributions to the new cause. I try to let the Creator be the Judge.

You left out what he did once his views changed on slavery.