IT (2017) : Jaeden Lieberher and Bill Skarsgård

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    That girl who played Bev looks exactly like Amy Adams. When dude was like "you look like Lois Lane" I cracked up.

That was King
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    That girl who played Bev looks exactly like Amy Adams. When dude was like "you look like Lois Lane" I cracked up.

That was King

No that was not.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I enjoyed it even more after the second watch. Best big horror movie to come out in a long long time

You didn't see sinister?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a child of The Crimson King (Dark Tower's big bad) who dwelled in the macroverse along with the turtle and the creatures from The Mist.

So all Stephen kings books are linked?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It was a child of The Crimson King (Dark Tower's big bad) who dwelled in the macroverse along with the turtle and the creatures from The Mist.

In the greater scheme of things? Yeah. Only really in the sense that they are all part of the same multiverse.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the greater scheme of things? Yeah. Only really in the sense that they are all part of the same multiverse.

How is sleepwalkers linked?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? they all float
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also of course the original movie aged badly, it's almost 30 years old

The movie wasn't scary but had great atmosphere

Can't wait to see what they do with the adults
    That library scene, wonder if it was intentional the librarian creepy ass in the distance
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I enjoyed it even more after the second watch. Best big horror movie to come out in a long long time

You didn't see sinister?

I did. ? wasn't special to me. I don't see a whole lot of horror films in theaters though and that is probably a big reason why I don't enjoy a lot of them. Theater makes a lot of movies more scary with the atmosphere and audio
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cast the kids as adults for the sequel:

Bill - Michael Pitt (Couldnt really come up with anyone)
    Ben - Chris Pratt
    Bev - Jessica Chastain
    Edddie - Rami Malek
    Mike - André Holland
    Stan - Zach Woods
    Richie - Bill Hader

Pretty dope list, especially Chastain as bev and Hader As richie, I can definitely see those haha.

I guess the kids WILL be involved in the second film. Director says there will be flash back scenes incorporated for story and to also give glimpses of pennywise origin.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just liking the fact that the adult portion will be set in the modern day with more relatable people. If I recall correctly, the adults from the original seemed like wack nerds and geeks. Like they couldn't grow out of that, smh.

Maybe it's more plausible today though that growing out of nerdy awkwardness would happen.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope horror movie. ? was better than expected. Cant wait for part 2
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enjoyed it.

Thought the first 2 acts were terrific, the film completely changed in tone the exact moment Bowers offed his old man and after that the changes they made i didn't feel were neccessary, but because they got so much right i'll allow it.

Dude who played Pennwise better be in contention for something, he dissapeared into that role....that freaky ? he was doing with his eyes rolling them back one side is actually his party trick and not cgi.

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They really rinsed the hell out of the 80's setting with the references lol, the first scene with pennywise reaching out with his extended arm to grab georgie was a shoutout to freddy in his first scene where he has the long arms in the alley, I caught the Poltergeist one and a few others as well.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Enjoyed it.

Thought the first 2 acts were terrific, the film completely changed in tone the exact moment Bowers offed his old man and after that the changes they made i didn't feel were neccessary, but because they got so much right i'll allow it.

Dude who played Pennwise better be in contention for something, he dissapeared into that role....that freaky ? he was doing with his eyes rolling them back one side is actually his party trick and not cgi.

Man
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was so lit i went to see it twice
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loved the movie.

(I'm ? w remembering character names..)

Off the bat, there was no Killer Klown reference. There were clowns but no KKFOS in the room.

The role of Pennywise was perfection. I felt very uneasy when he was around. His eyes, him drooling, the way he spoke, the way he stared and smiled. ? was the perfect way to make you feel so uncomfortable.

The scene where he was about to consume the Jewish kid was wild. That painted lady was freaky as ? .

When the kids were throwing those rocks and PW was chilling eating a child's arm and he waved with it.

The bathroom scene w the hair grabbing the girl and the blood spewing everywhere was amazing and its symbolism was dope too, both during and when they did the clean-up.

When the black kid was gonna smack the ? outta PW w the pipe and he opened his mouth and stopped it w all those burnt hands. ? dope.

Him coming out of the safe all broken and snapping back into place was a crazy as ? . Funny how him being "twisted" was both literal in body and mind.

Lotta classic scenes. I gotta watch this again.

• VIBE
    edited September 2017
    Options
    and what are these deadlights?
    The girl seen them and was put into a suspended animation. The kids said it's because she wasn't afraid. So all the floating kids are being held off until they start fearing? I read that the deadlights have some insanity effect, but the girl wasn't effected by them. Why? Will the rest of those kids be "insane" later in life? and I think @Broddie said "smh" to them showing the lights, why?

I'm not familiar w Kings works like that. I dislike reading fiction, I'd rather watch it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    The girl seen them and was put into a suspended animation. The kids said it's because she wasn't afraid. So all the floating kids are being held off until they start fearing? I read that the deadlights have some insanity effect, but the girl wasn't effected by them. Why? Will the rest of those kids be "insane" later in life? and I think @Broddie said "smh" to them showing the lights, why?

I'm not familiar w Kings works like that. I dislike reading fiction, I'd rather watch it.
    I thought she was affected tho? Hence her being put in that suspended animation. Cuz as soon as he showed them, she went into that trance.
  • VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

I thought she was affected tho? Hence her being put in that suspended animation. Cuz as soon as he showed them, she went into that trance.

I read it makes them insane? That's why I was asking. I'm not familiar w all this stuff.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this last night loved it and trying to see it again definitely. Skarsgard and the kid actors shut this ? down.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just dawned on me what the Killer Klowns From Outer Space nod was..

The puppet scene

Officer Mooney is used as a puppet before the klown walks toward Dave.

Pennywise is using Georgie as a puppet and runs toward Bill.