NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with international sales is that the money isn't always handled the same country to country. Also, platinum has always been an American centric thing and each country counts their own numbers. They only started using international numbers when album sales began to fall. The movie industry does this now too even though they would be lucky to get 25% of the mula after dealing with local market practices and fuckery..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYC has plenty of Open spaces for a large city. Brooklyn has trees and parks everywhere and recently many short streets were closed and converted to open areas for people to convene and for events. We also have sidewalks for humans to walk. The architecture can only be challenged by San Francisco and Chicago. Brooklyn alone has brownstones, lofts, town houses, mansions and family houses with lawns. Even some of the Projects are fly (still dangerous though, don't sleep) like Ft. Green (they moving to gentrify that too). Not every borough is the same. I guess because we have such divided borders from boroughs to neighborhoods to blocks to apartment buildings, it's easy for several states to join forces and claim victory over a city. This is like Europe vs England.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Its sad that our soft neighborhoods would have an outta towner shooker than a NYC ? outta town in a bad neighborhood lol

Our soft neighborhoods got bodegas and buildings and looks grimey enuff to have an OT'er feelin some type of way, while yall grimiest hoods got houses and lawns wit green grass lookin like a wonderland...sad.

Im out, i'll be back later to ? on the south some more tho..

Is that a bad thing? Only ignant black folk feel comfortable being broke and living in a warzone. SMH

What can you expect? That ? stay in a boiler room
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    NYC has plenty of Open spaces for a large city. Brooklyn has trees and parks everywhere and recently many short streets were closed and converted to open areas for people to convene and for events. We also have sidewalks for humans to walk. The architecture can only be challenged by San Francisco and Chicago. Brooklyn alone has brownstones, lofts, town houses, mansions and family houses with lawns. Even some of the Projects are fly (still dangerous though, don't sleep) like Ft. Green (they moving to gentrify that too). Not every borough is the same. I guess because we have such divided borders from boroughs to neighborhoods to blocks to apartment buildings, it's easy for several states to join forces and claim victory over a city. This is like Europe vs England.

Exactly what I was saying.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm unbias as can be. NYC will always have a place in my heart. The influence from that city is crazy . Musically, fashion, creativity was always NYC strong point. That's why they called southerns and westerners country and bama. We didn't have the outlet to do what they were doing. But we found away to do what they were doing and mastered it. Niccas complain if niccas from NY is to lyrical then they complain saying NY wanna copy our style. Niccas are blending in so there family's can eat. If you did a honest poll about who is everyone favorite rapper I promise that most polls would have NY rappers winning! I'm from the crenshaw district so I have no dog in this fight just speaking honestly
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options
    Does The south make better music than NY personally no. But to each is own. LA artist had the same problem NY artist did with the south . Look it up. Niccas was at the radio station ready to riot cause they weren't playing LA ? . Niccas started playing nothing but LA ? sort of like ? boys play nothing but ATL ? when there on the radio. You gotta start with flex, slay, clue or whoever else runs NYC evening radio.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Does The south make better music than NY personally no. But to each is own. LA artist had the same problem NY artist did with the south . Look it up. Niccas was at the radio station ready to riot cause they weren't playing LA ? . Niccas started playing nothing but LA ? sort of like ? boys play nothing but ATL ? when there on the radio. You gotta start with flex, slay, clue or whoever else runs NYC evening radio.

Outkast makes better music then everybody. Yes, even you da GOAT Nas
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're still on this ? huh? smh....
  • Stew
    Options

tumblr_mj2ck1PnnI1s559c9o1_500.gif
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Options

I said "personally" I don't have to ask anyone cause it's my opinion. And outkast haven't made music together since when? Exactly.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that was LA that started the ? skinny jean wave remember

New+Boyz+z_.jpg

• Stew
    Options

I said "personally" I don't have to ask anyone cause it's my opinion. And outkast haven't made music together since when? Exactly.

I wasnt trying to change your opinion. Michael Jackson hasnt made music since when? Exactly
  • southernmade
    Options

tumblr_mj2ck1PnnI1s559c9o1_500.gif

Right on Stew lmao!!
  • harlem hustla
    Options
    Howe country ? dressed before they started copyin ny

ojDaJuiceman1.jpg

BigTexas.jpg
  • Stew
    Options
  • southernmade
    Options

ojDaJuiceman1.jpg

BigTexas.jpg

and all them ? were making money and selling records independently without NY support for years in the south....who gives a ? how they dress? lol......
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't tell if them ? are Lugz, or combat boots. Either way, lol @ the straps
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ojDaJuiceman1.jpg

BigTexas.jpg

them ? fresh minus Z-Ro

• Stew
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

ojDaJuiceman1.jpg

BigTexas.jpg

them ? fresh minus Z-Ro

Imitating Pac or nah?
  • southernmade
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

ojDaJuiceman1.jpg

BigTexas.jpg

them ? fresh minus Z-Ro

Imitating Pac or nah?

you know Ro is the "weirdo" out of the bunch.....that was a dope Source cover.....
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas rappers like to dress how the streets dress. <-at times this is preferred compared to other looks.
    At the same time all it takes is for 1 star to show some style skills and that ? would take off.
  • harlem hustla
    Options
    juice a bamma 4real that ? got a watch on both wrist
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here acting like a ? fashion police

"And that fit is still better than 3K's fuckery and 2 Chainz wearing a skirt...at least Rocky wore pants under his lol"

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you saying that NY lead the way for south fashion then who's responsible for this fuckery going on nowadays do y'all also wanna take credit for that???
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    If you saying that NY lead the way for south fashion then who's responsible for this fuckery going on nowadays do y'all also wanna take credit for that???

I blame Kanye
This discussion has been closed.