Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options

Comments

• jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    you know what, that man spoke the truth
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what happens if two ? with hoodies on is on both sides of the streets?

Then i guess he go turn around and walk the other way....thats if its not another ? with a hoody coming from that way.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what happens if two ? with hoodies on is on both sides of the streets?
    Lmao
    Then he'll get hit by a truck.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Check your history on Cuban, he has a track record of being a racist. Remember the "Thuggets?" He was poppin off at the mouth about Kenyon Martin being a thug and got chased out his own gym. And I think he had something to do wit Lala gettin ? wit that time.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    league needs more black owners man..
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When's the last time mark Cuban walked any where?
    FOH
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face--white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere--I’m walking back to the other side of the street," he says.

I think this is what really has people so ? off
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is really dumb.. We have all been profiled especially down here in the south. I still remember going to a majority white club called the ? Tonk(I know) I had on a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, cargo shorts and a baseball cap. There were plenty white boys dressed just like that. This was back in the flip phone days and I had this huge one that my job gave me. I used to clip it to my belt and wear it under my shirt and it was pretty bulky. I remember this white woman police officer came up to me smiling and started talking to me.. She started patting me down lightly and I asked her what she was doing... She told me that some people were concerned that I might be carrying a gun. I said nope it's my phone, showed it to her and walked off. I'm glad that these racists and bigots are exposing themselves..
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    dude is saying "yes i'm a racist, yes i am prejudice.... but here's why"

and ? is going

Tumblr_m432dk3xAQ1rpprijo5_r1_400-1-.gif

he makes an excellent argument

not really. you mean to tell me you have never seen a group of black guye and new they were trouble.

also if black people agree its prolly cause we racist to. how many time you seen a white guy in a suit and assumed he wasnt a criminal. its the same thing.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE ? SAID HE WAS BIGOTED AND PREJUDICE!!!!!!

like it's no more cut and dry than that.... he said the ? outta his own mouth.....

there's no way to misconstrue this ? ....it is what it is.....

why are people acting like this is okay???

i don't give a ? what you're thinking....if you say some ? like that out your mouth....you have to atone for it...

if i walk in a store with my wife, look at a random chick and say "damn i'd ? the dog ? outta that ? !!"

it don't matter how bad the chick is, or whatever i was thinking in my mind....imma have to deal with the consequences of that stupid ass statement i recklessly said outta my mouth....

there's no way what he said was okay.. he's a professional, and a team owner....he shoulda used better judgement, and actually thought about the ? before he said it
  • Dupac
    Options
    it's just some ? you just don't say bruh...he's a professional...he should conduct himself like one at all time
  • Dupac
    Options
    this is why dave chappelle was so much deeper than people ever realized..

"when keeping it real goes wrong"

? was a funny series of skits...but such an honest commentary.....people really think keeping it real all the time is the way to go...naw....the ? is stupid
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du....my ? ....

I agree you...but you must be amped this morning.

Look at this page bruh! Haha ? you in here going hard
  • Dupac
    Options
    i'm bout to be curt as ? with white folk today..
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just white folk? /:)
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said yesterday ...

People that want to take liberties without much repercussion love saying...everryone is.... everyone does..it gives them a buffer and makes them feel better
  • Dupac
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

just white folk? /:)
    i never claimed to be perfect
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »

and ? is going

not really. you mean to tell me you have never seen a group of black guye and new they were trouble.

also if black people agree its prolly cause we racist to. how many time you seen a white guy in a suit and assumed he wasnt a criminal. its the same thing.

lol@this logic...
    if u as a black man fear black men, you've been brain washed... white men in suits are committing genocide upon black men today, yet u fear a ? in a hoodie...
    wake up...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

and ? is going

It's not about seeing a group of people and whether or not he think's it's trouble. He just proved that in his mind he agrees with the stereotypical image of black male+hoodie= potential robbery. A hoodie means it's cold/chilly not a potential robbery is about to happen 98% of the time. Anyone whose face you can't see at night would cause someone to be more aware whether they're black, white, green or purple. There's no need to inject race into that and he did it needlessly.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and ? is going

lol@this logic...
    if u as a black man fear black men, you've been brain washed... white men in suits are committing genocide upon black men today, yet u fear a ? in a hoodie...
    wake up...

And lol @ your logic. A ? will ? you just as quick as white men in suits.

But that's besides the point.

Dude expressed his feelings on the matter which is truth to alot of people who are in here saying otherwise. Like ? are trusting another ? walking down the street at 2 am in a damn hoodie. Even if its a white dude with a hoodie.

? in here getting blindsided. ? are responding to ignorant triggers.

What MC said was not racist. He even throw a white guy in that matter. Anybody suspicious, he's not ? with.

And? Yall ? are the same damn way...but oh no its a racist thing.

This is significant problem, real racial issues need to be addressed but black folks out here picking the wrong damn fights.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A needs to be checked.. not called a ? or sellouts but hit him on the points we raised not sure if anyone hit him with the difference of a man in a hoody to the not so normal tattoos on face
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They got u ? washed...
    crime is down, income inequality is up...
    y'all scared of your own shadows and cats in suits are committing economic genocide...
    most white ppl are victimized by white ppl, but y'all accept their irrational fear of black skin... hilarious.
    no way u can win an intellectual debate by using irrational feelings as justification for irrational behavior.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

and ? is going

It's not about seeing a group of people and whether or not he think's it's trouble. He just proved that in his mind he agrees with the stereotypical image of black male+hoodie= potential robbery. A hoodie means it's cold/chilly not a potential robbery is about to happen 98% of the time. Anyone whose face you can't see at night would cause someone to be more aware whether they're black, white, green or purple. There's no need to inject race into that and he did it needlessly.

black folks are ? dumb. So nevermind the fact that he said if he saw a white guy with tats on his face, his crossing back to the street with the black dude and the hoodie huh?

Now a hoodie means its cold and chilly, nevermind the fact that we know a hoodie, baggie jeans and tims perfect the grimy look that we all seen in the hood and in rap videos.

Now every ? in here trusting every ? in the world

You ? are not being wise nor real about this whole thing. Which is unfortunate, because black folks don't know which fights to pick. This ? is minimal as ? .

Like you ? trusting a ? in 2 am in a damn hoodie. Or a white dude with tats on his face. FOH
  • Dupac
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

and ? is going

lol@this logic...
    wake up...

And lol @ your logic. A ? will ? you just as quick as white men in suits.

But that's besides the point.

Dude expressed his feelings on the matter which is truth to alot of people who are in here saying otherwise. Like ? are trusting another ? walking down the street at 2 am in a damn hoodie. Even if its a white dude with a hoodie.

? in here getting blindsided. ? are responding to ignorant triggers.

What MC said was not racist. He even throw a white guy in that matter. Anybody suspicious, he's not ? with.

And? Yall ? are the same damn way...but oh no its a racist thing.

This is significant problem, real racial issues need to be addressed but black folks out here picking the wrong damn fights.

yes it was...

he even said it was...he used the 2am in a hoodie example as a way to try to lessen the blow, and introduced the white guy in the story for the same thing....

his entire point of the example was to show that he does associate black people as robbers....and set the example up as a way to "make sense" to people who share similar insecurities.....

but make no mistake. his entire point was to show that he is indeed racist